Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
It’s a case of you ain’t got to go home but you can’t stay up in here. Mario doesn’t want jags on his roster . I posted when he arrived he’d rather roll short handed with quality versus full 85 with scrubs.
Yeah but I don’t think can we have a Mass JAG exodus yet. That would leave us with no depth. But in the next three years I think our roster will have less JAGS little by little.

I know the NCAA rule is that players have to notify the school of their intent to transfer by May 1. Not sure if the SEC rule is "notify" or "enroll".

---Eli Ricks decided to transfer to Alabama from LSU on 12/15/2021 - NO PROBLEM, immediately eligible.

---Jermaine Burton decided to transfer to Alabama from Georgia on 1/23/2022 - NO PROBLEM, immediately eligible.

---Tyler Steen decided to transfer to Alabama from Vanderbilt on 4/12/2022 - UNDER FURTHER REVIEW.

With Burton, seing as how he entered the Portal on 1/19, I am going to assume that his rapid movement was in time to register for classes in January before the late-registration deadline.

With Steen, I am not sure what his story is. He entered the Portal on 1/11/2022. If the SEC rule is "notify", then he is OK. If the SEC rule is "enroll", then he would need another exception. Steen enrolled in 2018. At an academic school like Vanderbilt, it is entirely possible that he has already graduated. I have a suspicion that the "February 1" date for SEC-to-SEC transfers might not apply to kids who graduate, as they should be entitled to choose whatever grad school they desire. And, as always, there could be an application for a waiver of the rule.

So I am not sure WHY Steen would be eligible to play immediately, I only know that if Saban took him, he has likely already figured that out well ahead of any of us doing so.
I think the SEC kids had to go in the portal by February 1st to transfer within the SEC and be eligible to play in 2022. If they go in the portal after that date (and before May 1st), they’re eligible to transfer and play in 2022 at non-SEC schools.

Per QueJay months ago, and I saw this before any Mims stuff was out there, Mims was headed to UiF and Kirby talked him out of transferring in January.

Advertisement
The rest of this week will be nuts.

Anybody think else believe there is a link between Jackson remaining publicly undecided and the DTs on our roster who are rumored to be leaving but have not yet entered the Portal?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Former Southridge DE that signed with Pitt in the 2020 class

And no I don’t think he’s a take, just posting him.

Advertisement
find us a #1 receiver PLEASE

Patience, Daniel-San.

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Advertisement
Back