Transfer Portal watch

200.gif

Crockett was a motherfvcking GAYTOR...

Advertisement
I know the NCAA rule is that players have to notify the school of their intent to transfer by May 1. Not sure if the SEC rule is "notify" or "enroll".

---Eli Ricks decided to transfer to Alabama from LSU on 12/15/2021 - NO PROBLEM, immediately eligible.

---Jermaine Burton decided to transfer to Alabama from Georgia on 1/23/2022 - NO PROBLEM, immediately eligible.

---Tyler Steen decided to transfer to Alabama from Vanderbilt on 4/12/2022 - UNDER FURTHER REVIEW.

With Burton, seing as how he entered the Portal on 1/19, I am going to assume that his rapid movement was in time to register for classes in January before the late-registration deadline.

With Steen, I am not sure what his story is. He entered the Portal on 1/11/2022. If the SEC rule is "notify", then he is OK. If the SEC rule is "enroll", then he would need another exception. Steen enrolled in 2018. At an academic school like Vanderbilt, it is entirely possible that he has already graduated. I have a suspicion that the "February 1" date for SEC-to-SEC transfers might not apply to kids who graduate, as they should be entitled to choose whatever grad school they desire. And, as always, there could be an application for a waiver of the rule.

So I am not sure WHY Steen would be eligible to play immediately, I only know that if Saban took him, he has likely already figured that out well ahead of any of us doing so.
The rule is to declare by Feb 1st. They can announce the destination anytime after

When is the deadline to cut scholarships? Is there a deadline like the nfl has with a roster cut date?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did we ever kick the tires here
He’s a Hybrid, he plays the same position as Frierson & they plan playing Al Jr in the Nickel spot as well.

Coach Addae took Daryl Porter Jr because he recruited & signed him at West VA.

They weren’t looking for another Hybrid Safety type because they think we’re good at that spot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s a case of you ain’t got to go home but you can’t stay up in here. Mario doesn’t want jags on his roster . I posted when he arrived he’d rather roll short handed with quality versus full 85 with scrubs.
Yup, that's why he bringing in mad DL and OL to make it as competitive as possible and make the cream rise. Too many players on our team were comfortable because even though they had potential to be better they were never challenged from a standpoint of this guy could legit be better than me as in all conference borderline All american, so alot flashed first year and go backwards from there or remained stagnant. The QB, TE, DB rooms have high level competition for spots and we trying to create that at DL, OL and LB as well.

Advertisement
Back