Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
And would that be linebacker be.......................... friendo?

Esperando GIF by TVE Bahia
Sounds like someone wanted the job guaranteed and is finding out that is not the case. (IF what Gaby is saying is correct) And IF the rumors are true there is a big time LB entering the portal soon that hails from SoFla.
Sounds like they been saying this sh*t since Dennis Erickson was HC.

If they arent in the portal now then who cares...this whole BIG TIME LB from s.fla is some crock...because quite frankly...their havent been much BIG TIME LBS from S.fla in the last few recruiting cycles.

Looks like they did exactly what i thought..went through sprng with the low talented LBS when they should have got one committed BEFORE the spring..same egg head mistake Manny Diaz made last year. After the mid way point last year i legitimately had more faith in Ryan Rangone than most of the guys named in LB threads...not even a joke ...Ragone wa splyaing some good ball.

Advertisement

like seeing the ivy league guys get a shot at the big stage.

would have seen him play in 2019 at the Yale/Columbia game. in truth though, I don't remember him specifically. but then again, wasn't paying close attention either as I was simply enjoying watching Yale curb stomp them that day.

one thing is for sure, he'll be the smartest kid on the FSU roster the day he shows up in Tallahassee. (but that's a very low bar)! :ROFLMAO:

like seeing the ivy league guys get a shot at the big stage.

would have seen him play in 2019 at the Yale/Columbia game. in truth though, I don't remember him specifically. but then again, wasn't paying close attention either as I was simply enjoying watching Yale curb stomp them that day.

one thing is for sure, he'll be the smartest kid on the FSU roster the day he shows up in Tallahassee. (but that's a very low bar)! :ROFLMAO:
Assuming he is PWO but on academic scholarship? **** FSU but good for this kid

Advertisement
He left an Ivy... for FSU... had to be failing out. Otherwise given his life choice making ability he's right where he belongs.
The Ivy’s do not allow a fifth year of athletic eligibility due to Covid (no free Covid year in 2020). Not sure if this applies to this kid, but a number of ivy leaguers have transferred out of the conference after graduation for an additional year of college sports.

Advertisement
The Ivy’s do not allow a fifth year of athletic eligibility due to Covid (no free Covid year in 2020). Not sure if this applies to this kid, but a number of ivy leaguers have transferred out of the conference after graduation for an additional year of college sports.
Then I hope the poon is worth it when explaining the recent headline on his resume to employers

Saw action as a starter at inside linebacker in all 7 games ... led the Bruin team with 44 tackles and 5.5 sacks ... second on the squad in tackles for loss at 7.0 ... his 0.79 sacks per game average ranked 27th in the nation and third in the Pac-12 Conference ... picked off a pass against Cal ... credited with a season-best 10 tackles in games at Arizona State and versus Stanford ... made 5 or more stops in 5 games ... had a season-high 2.5 tackles for loss at Arizona State and versus Cal ... honorable mention All-Pac-12 selection by the league coaches ... second-team All-Pac-12 pick by AP.

Thats a pretty good starter. Dude had more sacks in 2020 at mlb than anyone on our dl last year. A guy that’s on the second team all conference squad ( power five ) would be a very nice addition.
Seems like were going after 3 mikes. Johnson, Brenden Jennings, and Mikel Jones.

not true, at least not in all sports. Close family friend has a son at Brown who is currently using his COVID season in Lacrosse. Only 4 seniors chose to do that; the tuition alone is enough to discourage many. He had an internship in fall and is enrolled in just enough classes this semester to play.

Advertisement
not true, at least not in all sports. Close family friend has a son at Brown who is currently using his COVID season in Lacrosse. Only 4 seniors chose to do that; the tuition alone is enough to discourage many. He had an internship in fall and is enrolled in just enough classes this semester to play.
Interesting. It sounds complex when talking about the free Covid year when you are dealing with Ivy League schools. I forgot most don’t give scholarships to every sport so you basically paying 6 years worth of tuition. Yikes.

For the 2021/22 academic year a student athlete could have a fifth year of eligibility if they were enrolled in grad school at the same university. Otherwise, they were not eligible for a fifth year. That exception does not apply for the 2022/23 academic year as the Ivy’s have returned to only four years of eligibility. Perhaps your family friend enrolled in grad school.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back