Transfer Portal watch

I just wonder how accurate the UGA info is about Miami being the spot. He’s an elite prospect wouldn’t every big program also be in on him? Maybe Tyrique has been working him but I just don’t see the connection point yet to assume he is UMs
Allow me to provide some insight and context.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@Cribby that's interesting about the defense winning, because all 247 guys talk about is the offense beating up the defense.

Sounds like when they go live 11 on 11 with pads, and media isn't watching, the defense is performing much better.

That's with like you mentioned key pieces missing: Ugude, Roberts, Moultrie, Kelly, Tyrique, Porter, Harris, Graves, Kitchens, C. Smith maybe another DL soon added aren't available for contact.

Also as far as offense, yeah I dont see an alpha #1 WR yet. George is still young. Restrepo is a slot WR(usually your #1 guy isn't a slot), but sounds like Ladson is making some strides as spring practice moves on.

Last edited:
@Cribby that's interesting about the defense winning, because all 247 guys talk about is the offense beating up the defense.

Sounds like when they go live 11 on 11 with pads, and media isn't watching, the defense is performing much better.

That's with like you mentioned key pieces missing: Ugude, Roberts, Moultrie, Kelly, Tyrique, Porter, Harris, Graves, Kitchens, C. Smith maybe another DL soon added aren't available for contact.

Also as far as offense, yeah I dont see an alpha #1 WR yet. George is still young. Restrepo is a slot WR(usually your #1 guy isn't a slot), but sounds like Ladson is making some strides as spring practice moves on.
I was going on scrimmages. The d did get their *** kicked yesterday.

Its not a normal spring with all the key guys out and the roster being thin. To be fair Mario is pushing physicality on both los. So not exactly airing it out . This spring was all about creating his culture and finding the holes that needed filled. All things considered the wr should‘ve shown more with the advantages they had. I mean Ivey is probably cb1 lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just wonder how accurate the UGA info is about Miami being the spot. He’s an elite prospect wouldn’t every big program also be in on him? Maybe Tyrique has been working him but I just don’t see the connection point yet to assume he is UMs
There’s no definite connection but the way this is being put out there seems different than watch out for Miami making a move. Mario’s OL pedigree proceeds him, so it’s not a stretch to say a guy would put feelers out to see if interest would be mutual. JMO.

There’s no definite connection but the way this is being put out there seems different than watch out for Miami making a move. Mario’s OL pedigree proceeds him, so it’s not a stretch to say a guy would put feelers out to see if interest would be mutual. JMO.
Another factor is that apparently there is a transfer rule that after February 1st. players cannot transfer within the same conference? So he wouldn't be able to transfer to another SEC program. Comments I read elsewhere were that FSU and UM were the two programs he was "focused" on. You would think with Mario / Mirabal that an OL would pick UM over FSU which is predicted to have a 6 win season.

Advertisement
Caleb Johnson, LB from UCLA is going to be visiting this week. He wants to see the campus, etc. sit down with coaches and see what the plan is. He said he doesn't want to draw it out; if it feels good he's going to commit immediatel.y. He said Charlie Strong reached out as soon as he hit the portal....

“I don’t want to take forever in this process,” Johnson said. “I’ll go down there ASAP and Miami is definitely is the frontrunner right now, but I’m still processing everything.”

A draw to UM for Johnson besides the Canes’ need for linebackers: He’s good friends with Cane DL commitment Mitchell Agude.

Agude visited UM last week, watching on for multiple practices.

“He loves it in Miami,” Johnson said. “He’s telling me to go there.”

The message Johnson’s gotten from Strong is simple: That they want him at MLB and that he can have a huge impact in his last year of eligibility and then move on and be a high NFL draft pick.

“Coach Strong, he says they definitely need me, said just see what’s going on yourself, come down and see a practice,” Johnson said. “They stressed to me their need for linebackers is huge.”

Advertisement
Caleb Johnson, LB from UCLA is going to be visiting this week. He wants to see the campus, etc. sit down with coaches and see what the plan is. He said he doesn't want to draw it out; if it feels good he's going to commit immediatel.y. He said Charlie Strong reached out as soon as he hit the portal....

“I don’t want to take forever in this process,” Johnson said. “I’ll go down there ASAP and Miami is definitely is the frontrunner right now, but I’m still processing everything.”

A draw to UM for Johnson besides the Canes’ need for linebackers: He’s good friends with Cane DL commitment Mitchell Agude.

The message Johnson’s gotten from Strong is simple: That they want him at MLB and that he can have a huge impact in his last year of eligibility and then move on and be a high NFL draft pick.

“Coach Strong, he says they definitely need me, said just see what’s going on yourself, come down and see a practice,” Johnson said. “They stressed to me their need for linebackers is huge.”
Feels good to have Charlie strong coaching and recruiting linebackers instead of patke

It’s accurate. This has been in the works almost two months now. I mentioned in another thread that my sons told me Miami is the spot. One of my sons plays at Auburn and this situation with UGA confirms what he told me over a month ago.

Mannnnn, its crazy how all last offseason when a few were getting slammed for saying LB is lacking and small guys were tryna squint HARD with there orange and green glasses on tryna make guys lik Flagg something they are not.. Now we got STrong dam near on record saying them boys straight trash and he gon live in portal to try to find any new guys he can find.. Dam near said all them boys might as well hit the portal, lol..

Advertisement
It’s accurate. This has been in the works almost two months now. I mentioned in another thread that my sons told me Miami is the spot. One of my sons plays at Auburn and this situation with UGA confirms what he told me over a month ago.
Thank you - would be a wild pick up at a position that has to position TVD as a potential AA candidate if we can keep him upright

I recall Mims being a guy James Williams mentioned when asked about who he’d be recruiting after he committed to us
You have an excellent memory

I created a dedicated thread for Mims since it appears like Manny never really followed up and seriously recruited Mims so there wasn't an existing recruiting thread on him

Advertisement
Back