Transfer Portal watch

Kid was dynamite out of HS. I remember we tried back then but Patke couldn’t really make a dent there. Before people complain about his listed size, just keep in mind that was him coming out of HS and very similar to what our own Wesley Bissainthe was before he stepped foot on UMs campus in terms of ht/wt. Kids dimensions are very similar to a couple kids that Steele had at AU too. He will max out at 225-230 and still maintain his speed and explosion. He can help us next year and have atleast a couple years to play.

@SouthParkCane ….We have any shot here? Kids usually dont enter that portal without a destination in mind so what do you think?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Kid was dynamite out of HS. I remember we tried back then but Patke couldn’t really make a dent there. Before people complain about his listed size, just keep in mind that was him coming out of HS and very similar to what our own Wesley Bissainthe was before he stepped foot on UMs campus in terms of ht/wt. Kids dimensions are very similar to a couple kids that Steele had at AU too. He will max out at 225-230 and still maintain his speed and explosion. He can help us next year and have atleast a couple years to play.

@SouthParkCane ….We have any shot here? Kids usually dont enter that portal without a destination in mind so what do you think?

I haven’t talked to Josh himself in a while tbh since his 7 on 7 days but I’ll hit him up get a feel but from what I know about it so far from the Miami side of it is that Miami kinda talked him into the portal in the first place. So there’s that. His former HC is around Miami in role unknown but he personally sealed the deal for Josh back in hs so..

I haven’t talked to Josh himself in a while tbh since his 7 on 7 days but I’ll hit him up get a feel but from what I know about it so far from the Miami side of it is that Miami kinda talked him into the portal in the first place. So there’s that. His former HC is around Miami in role unknown but he personally sealed the deal for Josh back in hs so..

Well ****. I saw Baylor jumped on him quickly and figured with Aranda there they could be a player since they are familiar with each other but I like the sound of that. Would bring some much welcomed competition to that WLB spot.

Who's his former HC?

Advertisement
Ah, I thought you were talking about former HS coach. Forgot about Ed O (who sure does seem like he's got some staff role).

For sure Mario bent his ear to see if he should offer White. Anyone know if Mario recruited him while at Oregon?

I explained this a couple of times thus far this offseason & most recently in the TAMU thread...

Jumbo signs high ranked 4/5-star WR’s every class & then never uses them.

The TE & RB’s get all of the targets in Jumbo’s offense, he doesn’t believe in airing it out, he wants to run the ball & work the middle of the field with the TE & then throw to the RB’s out of the backfield in screens & wheel routes.

His offense is very simplistic, bracket cover the TE & swarm to the RB’s out the flats & you’ll shut’em down.

Out of our 2 toughest games on schedule being TAMU & Clemson, TAMU is by far the most winnable game.

Advertisement

Like the offer and this fall will be his 3rd year here should be in 225lb range, yall think he could play middle backer or outside

Like the offer and this fall will be his 3rd year here should be in 225lb range, yall think he could play middle backer or outside
He’s a Mike Backer for us all the way.

We got enough Will’s & Sam’s on our current roster right now, Chase Smith, Wes, Keontra, Gilbert, TAC & Huff are more than enough at the OLB spots on both sides. We need a true ILB that can command the Defense & set the tone for the rest of the LB corps.

Our starters at MLB right now are as slow footed & as unathletic as can be, we need speed & someone who knows how to tackle properly in the middle, the current guys ain’t gonna cut it if we plan on being more than a 8 win team this season.

Advertisement
So we did hire Ed O?!!!!!!

He’s a Mike Backer for us all the way.

We got enough Will’s & Sam’s on our current roster right now, Chase Smith, Wes, Keontra, Gilbert, TAC & Huff are more than enough at the OLB spots on both sides. We need a true ILB that can command the Defense & set the tone for the rest of the LB corps.

Our starters at MLB right now are as slow footed & as unathletic as can be, we need speed & someone who knows how to tackle properly in the middle, the current guys ain’t gonna cut it if we plan on being more than a 8 win team this season.
fax GIF

Advertisement
Back