Transfer Portal watch

More so asking why they didn't pull the trigger a couple of weeks ago when they could have enrolled if they knew they wanted to transfer
Because they are probably on the fence of transferring. It’s not like they would miss spring practice all together as they would still be with their current team. They wanted to see what certain candidates such as us did with the OC/DC hires and weigh that against where they are currently at.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I thought that was part of the new transfer rule, but I put a question mark because I'm not very confident and could be misremembering.
Gotcha. I've been seeing a lot of ppl mentioning that those Auburn guys should come now, but I've never read any sort of exception like you mentioned.

So I was genuinely curious if you said that based off something official.

Advertisement
We should start a gofundme and raise money to buy our new staff a temporary house in Auburn, Alabama.

If we can land 2-4 more starters (CB, OL, LB, Edge) by next fall in the transfer portal, we can compete for the ACC championship.

Gotcha. I've been seeing a lot of ppl mentioning that those Auburn guys should come now, but I've never read any sort of exception like you mentioned.

So I was genuinely curious if you said that based off something official.

There's no exception.

If the school releases them from their LOIs, then they can come without any repercussions.

Otherwise, you get one "one-time" transfer with no sit-out year. A second transfer would require a sit-out year.

There's no exception.

If the school releases them from their LOIs, then they can come without any repercussions.

Otherwise, you get one "one-time" transfer with no sit-out year. A second transfer would require a sit-out year.
Thats what I thought.

Once they've started classes, the LOI stuff doesn't matter right?

For example, let's say Jason Jones started class already at Auburn. Thats it, he will have to sit out a year if he decides to transfer again.

Advertisement
Thats what I thought.

Once they've started classes, the LOI stuff doesn't matter right?

For example, let's say Jason Jones started class already at Auburn. Thats it, he will have to sit out a year if he decides to transfer again.

Once the student-athlete has received financial aid, he has used an IC at that school, and I don't think there is any incentive (or need) to "release" him from the LOI. Just transfer. The NCAA eligibility counter has started. The IC is burned. Just GTFO, kid...

For Jason Jones, I believe that would be the case, which is why the question must be asked as to whether any of these more recent transfers have ACTUALLY enrolled at the new school(s).

Once the student-athlete has received financial aid, he has used an IC at that school, and I don't think there is any incentive (or need) to "release" him from the LOI. Just transfer. The NCAA eligibility counter has started. The IC is burned. Just GTFO, kid...

For Jason Jones, I believe that would be the case, which is why the question must be asked as to whether any of these more recent transfers have ACTUALLY enrolled at the new school(s).

So when Walker left UF for us, he could play right away, and Florida lost a counter, correct? But if he transfers again, he sits out a year?

So when Walker left UF for us, he could play right away, and Florida lost a counter, correct? But if he transfers again, he sits out a year?

Essentially, yes. He actually enrolled in classes in Hogtown during the spring semester.

(however, I would also say that, confidentially, he could have been granted a waiver to play immediately even without the "one-free-transfer" rule, due to medical/personal reasons)

Advertisement
Back