Transfer Portal watch

Oh knows , what’s will we‘s ever do?
View attachment 172599
I know you want everyone to be patient. However you have to understand people aren’t privy to the information you have. Therefore, we can only react based on what we are seeing happening. Transfers at Positions of need have been available and we haven’t hit on many yet. Some of the concern is justified

Advertisement
I know you want everyone to be patient. However you have to understand people aren’t privy to the information you have. Therefore, we can only react based on what we are seeing happening. Transfers at Positions of need have been available and we haven’t hit on many yet. Some of the concern is justified
There’s a big gap between some level of concern and acting like this is tantamount to Manny refusing to get a portal LB last season and getting the wrong SEC DE.

There’s also a gap between some level of concern and remembering there are multiple waves of portal entries and we are still in the midst of the first (albeit the biggest).

Id love it if all of our problems were handled through the portal right now. I’m not concerned at all right now, come what may, and maybe I end up with egg on my face for it.

There’s a big gap between some level of concern and acting like this is tantamount to Manny refusing to get a portal LB last season and getting the wrong SEC DE.

There’s also a gap between some level of concern and remembering there are multiple waves of portal entries and we are still in the midst of the first (albeit the biggest).

Id love it if all of our problems were handled through the portal right now. I’m not concerned at all right now, come what may, and maybe I end up with egg on my face for it.
I understand that. I agree so may be overreacting for sure. That’s always expected here.

Plus some got use to the Manny portal success

As of right now I don't know much more than y'all with the portal , I just know this isn't manny. I also know this was a class in the 60's at one point, but will finish top 20 minimum. We have an elite recruiter and great nil deals coming. I just don't get the constant crying when there's so much positive staring you in the face. It's comical. We'll get some guys before schools resumes and add more after spring. I'm more interested to see how far Mario can't take this miracle of a class. And what surprises are left. That's just me.

Advertisement
As of right now I don't know much more than y'all with the portal , I just know this isn't manny. I also know this was a class in the 60's at one point, but will finish top 20 minimum. We have an elite recrhiter and great nil deals coming. I just don't get the constant crying when there's so much positive staring you in the face. It's comical. We'll get some guys before schools resumes and add more after spring. I'm more interested to see how far Mario can't take this miracle of a class. And what surprises are left. That's just me.
Always want what you cant have

It’s possible, but he’s slated to be a full time starter for Clemson this season so I doubt he makes the move.

And despite Clemson losing Venables & a few other of their Defensive coaches, they’ve kept their CB’s coach Mike Reed & he was the one who recruited & signed Davis to Clemson to begin with, so I would imagine they’ve already told him he’s the shoo-in starter at CB with Andrew Booth & Mario Goodrich going to the draft.
Is his art dealer still in Clemson?

As of right now I don't know much more than y'all with the portal , I just know this isn't manny. I also know this was a class in the 60's at one point, but will finish top 20 minimum. We have an elite recruiter and great nil deals coming. I just don't get the constant crying when there's so much positive staring you in the face. It's comical. We'll get some guys before schools resumes and add more after spring. I'm more interested to see how far Mario can't take this miracle of a class. And what surprises are left. That's just me.
It’s not crying. To be elite in CFB in this day and age, you need need to be elite at every aspect of the process. That includes filing depth chart gaps through the transfer portal. We’ve missed on some key targets and we’ve been late to offer some prospects IMO.

We’re in a way better hands with Mario than we’d be with Manny. No ones arguing that. But it’s a message board. We’re gonna cheer the positive changes and developments (and there’s been a lot of it since Mario’s taken over), and we’re gonna highlight areas we think should be improved.

I have no doubt Mario will hold his own in the portal once a full staff is in place. But we’ve lost some key battles. Since this is the transfer portal thread, people are naturally talking about our recent misses.

It’s not crying. To be elite in CFB in this day and age, you need need to be elite at every aspect of the process. That includes filing depth chart gaps through the transfer portal. We’ve missed on some key targets and we’ve been late to offer some prospects IMO.

We’re in a way better hands with Mario than we’d be with Manny. No ones arguing that. But it’s a message board. We’re gonna cheer the positive changes and developments (and there’s been a lot of it since Mario’s taken over), and we’re gonna highlight areas we think should be improved.

I have no doubt Mario will hold his own in the portal once a full staff is in place. But we’ve lost some key battles. Since this is the transfer portal thread, people are naturally talking about our recent misses.
Like I said let’s talk when it’s all said and done. Rather than crying in the moment. There’s more commits coming . After the spring the portal will be busy again and everything will be in place by then, and I’m talking more than staff.

Advertisement
Like I said let’s talk when it’s all said and done. Rather than crying in the moment. After spring will be very busy as well and everything will be in place by then and I’m talking more than staff.
Sooo shut down the board til spring, cmon man this is a message board.. We all just discussing stuff while watching NFL playoffs and/or enjoying our saturdays.. Good things are happening but no reason to turn this place to circle jerk

Last edited:
Sooo shut down the board til spring, cmon man this is a message board.. We all just discussing stuff while watching NFL playoffs and/or enjoying are saturdays.. Good things are happening but no reason to turn this place to circle jerk
Its a message board , but grown men crying and hyperventilating over everything is crazy. How about waiting for the result then proceed to cry over misses or the staff not being in place. That’s the point.

Never mind , This is on me lol. Continue on .

You can't expect Cristobal to fix this roster in 6 weeks. It's going to take years - he doesn't even have his staff in place yet.

With TVD as our QB we should be aiming for the ACC Coastal title in 2022, but it's not a given we'll win it. With 2 years of Cristobal recruiting we'll be light years from where we currently are.

Advertisement
You can't expect Cristobal to fix this roster in 6 weeks. It's going to take years - he doesn't even have his staff in place yet.

With TVD as our QB we should be aiming for the ACC Coastal title in 2022, but it's not a given we'll win it. With 2 years of Cristobal recruiting we'll be light years from where we currently are.
I never said I expected that at all

He/staff has to be up to something. String finish for current class should make it better

I can't imagine understanding that I was ignorant to a situation and admitting that I probably know 3% max of what's going on, but still thinking I had the right to criticize, and that my criticisms would be valid in any way, especially since the only thing that matters is who we land by fall camp. Maybe I would chose to not "react" as you said but wait until I had enough information to offer a thoughtful and informed opinion.

We have no idea who we really wanted, who we backed off on because others entered the portal or others that the staff knows about that will be entering the portal, or because kids came back that we thought would go, or who we visited/visited us and we decided weren't a take, or who we went balls to the walls for and lost.

It's WAAAAYYYYY early, y'all. Enjoy the ride. We have an F1 driver at the wheel now.

Advertisement
Hey, there’s smoke in the distance that big No. 0 for UGA is hitting the portal.

I personally think we should look at Darnell.

He should leave there.

Not sure coming here would be his thing though.

Their te room isnt fully as good as ours in the pass game and that freshman beast walked in there n took over Bowers.

He would be an inline te who would likely have to battle with Mamarelli. Hes likely better than him..but if he wants catches. It wont be here... he would be a luxury. Nut on second thought if we want to run a power spread o and get physical...Mario may look because we dont have a te that can block , and Skinner aint one either.

I think they give him more money and he stays, or goes nback west if anything.

I can't imagine understanding that I was ignorant to a situation and admitting that I probably know 3% max of what's going on, but still thinking I had the right to criticize, and that my criticisms would be valid in any way, especially since the only thing that matters is who we land by fall camp. Maybe I would chose to not "react" as you said but wait until I had enough information to offer a thoughtful and informed opinion.

We have no idea who we really wanted, who we backed off on because others entered the portal or others that the staff knows about that will be entering the portal, or because kids came back that we thought would go, or who we visited/visited us and we decided weren't a take, or who we went balls to the walls for and lost.

It's WAAAAYYYYY early, y'all. Enjoy the ride. We have an F1 driver at the wheel now.
That’s right only time you’ve ever criticized something is when you 100% knew the details. Got it

Advertisement
Back