Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Detroit Pistons Dancing GIF by NBA
I don’t know why I thought that was agent 0 for a sec lol

Advertisement
DJ James, a starting cornerback at Oregon last year, entered the transfer portal soon after the Ducks' season ended. He's now down to three schools -- Auburn, Miami and Ole Miss..

As his Sunday afternoon decision nears, the Tigers lead in the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

Here's a quick preview of James' commit announcement:

TIME: 3 p.m. CT

HOW: James will announce his commitment via Twitter (@Djames00x) and Instagram (@d_james12)

HIGH SCHOOL RANKING/RATING: Coming out of Spanish Fort High, James was the No. 24 recruit in the state of Alabama. Here was his 247Sports evaluation at that time: Size isn’t great, so he’ll match up with smaller receivers and slots. Needs a year to add weight and strength. Instinctual corner with ability to quickly diagnose plays and break on the ball. Tremendous ball skills and closing speed, with smooth hips that he can flip and flawless backpedal and recovery speed. Struggles against bigger, physical receivers. Projects as a multi-year Power 5 starter and a third-day NFL draft pick.

At Spanish Fort, James recorded 14 interceptions in his final three seasons, including six as a senior.

HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-foot, 185 pounds

NOTABLE STATS AT OREGON:

2019: Played in 13 games; made 10 tackles with one pass breakup.

2020: Appeared in all seven games; made 14 total tackles with one pass breakup.

2021: Became a full-time starter; 34 tackles, 4 pass breakups, 2 interceptions.

ENROLLMENT: Spring semester.

ELIGIBILITY: Two seasons.

THE 411: James entered the NCAA transfer portal Dec. 9. The Tigers quickly made him a priority.

On Dec. 15, Auburn Undercover offered up the scoop that the Tigers likely were the front-runners to land James. While that has indeed been the case during the past four weeks, Ole Miss and Miami both made charges and he officially visited each. For the Rebels, it has been about pitching the need at corner. Meanwhile, the Hurricanes have the obvious connection to James in that Miami coach Mario Cristobal was at Oregon with James.

Behind the scenes, Auburn corners coach Zac Etheridge laid the groundwork for Auburn to be a force here. Proximity to home also helps. Depth chart and NIL opportunities are positives for the Tigers, too.

“He’s a great guy,” James said of Etheridge last weekend. “He knows what he’s doing. He’s a great development guy. You can tell that from the previous places he’s been, just All-American guy after All-American. Those are players he has coached and developed under him.”

CRYSTAL BALL: There was one pick as of 8:30 a.m. CT Sunday -- and it was for the Tigers.

THE PICK: Auburn. All the signs point to the Tigers as James' announcement approaches

DJ James, a starting cornerback at Oregon last year, entered the transfer portal soon after the Ducks' season ended. He's now down to three schools -- Auburn, Miami and Ole Miss..

As his Sunday afternoon decision nears, the Tigers lead in the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

Here's a quick preview of James' commit announcement:

TIME: 3 p.m. CT

HOW: James will announce his commitment via Twitter (@Djames00x) and Instagram (@d_james12)

HIGH SCHOOL RANKING/RATING: Coming out of Spanish Fort High, James was the No. 24 recruit in the state of Alabama. Here was his 247Sports evaluation at that time: Size isn’t great, so he’ll match up with smaller receivers and slots. Needs a year to add weight and strength. Instinctual corner with ability to quickly diagnose plays and break on the ball. Tremendous ball skills and closing speed, with smooth hips that he can flip and flawless backpedal and recovery speed. Struggles against bigger, physical receivers. Projects as a multi-year Power 5 starter and a third-day NFL draft pick.

At Spanish Fort, James recorded 14 interceptions in his final three seasons, including six as a senior.

HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-foot, 185 pounds

NOTABLE STATS AT OREGON:

2019: Played in 13 games; made 10 tackles with one pass breakup.

2020: Appeared in all seven games; made 14 total tackles with one pass breakup.

2021: Became a full-time starter; 34 tackles, 4 pass breakups, 2 interceptions.

ENROLLMENT: Spring semester.

ELIGIBILITY: Two seasons.

THE 411: James entered the NCAA transfer portal Dec. 9. The Tigers quickly made him a priority.

On Dec. 15, Auburn Undercover offered up the scoop that the Tigers likely were the front-runners to land James. While that has indeed been the case during the past four weeks, Ole Miss and Miami both made charges and he officially visited each. For the Rebels, it has been about pitching the need at corner. Meanwhile, the Hurricanes have the obvious connection to James in that Miami coach Mario Cristobal was at Oregon with James.

Behind the scenes, Auburn corners coach Zac Etheridge laid the groundwork for Auburn to be a force here. Proximity to home also helps. Depth chart and NIL opportunities are positives for the Tigers, too.

“He’s a great guy,” James said of Etheridge last weekend. “He knows what he’s doing. He’s a great development guy. You can tell that from the previous places he’s been, just All-American guy after All-American. Those are players he has coached and developed under him.”

CRYSTAL BALL: There was one pick as of 8:30 a.m. CT Sunday -- and it was for the Tigers.

THE PICK: Auburn. All the signs point to the Tigers as James' announcement approaches
Oh well....

Advertisement
People said Rambo was a meh take last year since he fell off from at OU after a good season. Id say half the board or more Ladson is more talented and has potential juat like Rambo. FL has issre.ues with injures. He was a begging burn most of his time at Clemson before injuries or covid.

I like the take because it’s money time for him, it’ll be all business because he knows he’s running out of time , and this is his moment to shine. It’s very low risk with unlimited reward.
exactly....I was one of the very few here who said Rambo would be good at Miami.....Ladson is a different type but
I believe he could be a great asset to have vs Clemson....

Last edited:
dammit we need this guy
he'd be nice but I disagree that we need james.

if stevenson had left then maybe, but blades is also back and 2019 blades > dj james imo. Hopefully blades can get back to his oldself and some of the freshman CB's can step up

Advertisement
exactly....I was one of very few here who said Rambo would be good at Miami.....Ladson is a different type but
I believe he could be great asset to have vs Clemson....
Im not saying he’ll be Rambo but this board was full of people not liking the Rambo take. I actually posted a link to a thread where I was debating Rambo being a good take with people that disagreed.

Im not saying he’ll be Rambo but this board was full of people not liking the Rambo take. I actually posted a link to a thread where I was debating Rambo being a good take with people that disagreed.
There the same people who’s talking crap about the Parrish take.

Why were people bashing the Rambo take? The guy was super productive in a major conference. I don’t understand people on here sometimes.

Advertisement
Back