Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
So the 3 portalers in addition to Ladson would likely be DE/DT, RB, LB (most recent nugget).
Big picture, better hit on Iuli (looks good) and another HS OL as well as an experienced portal OL. And nice to find a portal CB too.

Texas kid headed to Gainesville, so everyone in the Portal isn’t just returning home...

Now, lets go get Dwight McGlothern or Latrell McCutchin
But i was told we need to recruit Brini and Parrish because they’re from here and we don’t “know” of other kids aren’t interested because they’re not from here LCE. You were there…

Last edited:
Advertisement
But i was told we need to recruit Brini and Parrish because they’re from here and we don’t “know” of other kids aren’t internet because they’re not from here LCE. You were there…
Agree with you on Brini, he’s a rusted tin can & not a need.

I’d take Ramon Jefferson, Travis Dye, Aaron Dumas & Austin Jones all before Parrish, but given that we just got his former RB’s coach & he’s really only being brought in as a rotational back I could see why they would want him.

I don’t have a big issue with bringing Parrish, he’ll be a 4th or 5th back at best in the backfield.

In a perfect world, we take two RB’s & push Cody Brown out, but we’ll see what happens with that group.

But we’re in dire need for a CB, if we don’t at least try to get McGlothern or McCutchin that would be a mistake if we’re waiting for Marshall to hit the Portal, that may or may not happen, can’t bank on him leaving if he’s convinced by Napier & Raymond to stick around.

It’d be a shame to let two 4-star CB’s go by without even so much as offering them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ruiz just tweeted 10m in NIL deals - looks like we're focused on current roster/signees FOR NOW. Could explain portal 'losses' for lack of a better word.

-multi-yearing current roster/signees prolly a sound long-term approach..speculating, of course.
Im wondering if the 10 Mil is for 22' or 23'. We have a big time QB. We need to capitalize. Lot of big time players already passed us in the portal.

Im wondering if the 10 Mil is for 22' or 23'. We have a big time QB. We need to capitalize. Lot of big time players already passed us in the portal.

Deals are done he's saying - would have to be w/current roster/signees. If they muti-year effectively, it would presumably prevent future unwanted attrition, and allow us in the future to capitalize on schools that haven't managed wisely. MAYBE we're seeing short-term losses taking a big-picture approach.

That fits the timeline @Cribby gave if he was choosing Miami actually.
I was felt the longer it went the worse. If you leave without a commitment and things go quiet for a few days things get weird. Especially with Ole Miss and Auburn being the closest schools to his home. I’m not sure where we stand now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Would
Agree with you on Brini, he’s a rusted tin can & not a need.

I’d take Ramon Jefferson, Travis Dye, Aaron Dumas & Austin Jones all before Parrish, but given that we just got his former RB’s coach & he’s really only being brought in as a rotational back I could see why they would want him.

I don’t have a big issue with bringing Parrish, he’ll be a 4th or 5th back at best in the backfield.

In a perfect world, we take two RB’s & push Cody Brown put, but we’ll see what happens with that group.

But we’re in dire need for a CB, if we don’t at least try to get McGlothern or McCutchin that would be a mistake if we’re waiting for Marshall to hit the Portal, that may or may not happen, can’t bank on him leaving if he’s convinced by Napier & Raymond to stick around.

It’d be a shame to let two 4-star CB’s go by without even so much as offering them.
LCE,any chance Fred Davis hits the portal?

Would

LCE,any chance Fred Davis hits the portal?
It’s possible, but he’s slated to be a full time starter for Clemson this season so I doubt he makes the move.

And despite Clemson losing Venables & a few other of their Defensive coaches, they’ve kept their CB’s coach Mike Reed & he was the one who recruited & signed Davis to Clemson to begin with, so I would imagine they’ve already told him he’s the shoo-in starter at CB with Andrew Booth & Mario Goodrich going to the draft.

Advertisement
Oh knows , what’s will we‘s ever do?
34DB4DFC-964E-47DF-842A-47CA776086DB.jpeg

Advertisement
Back