Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
This could be a fit. He is an STA kid from Miami.
This young man has 1 year to play. Unless you're looking at him for depth, who is he going to play in front of?

I expect Campbell to take the RT spot unless Campbell is RG and Scaife on is on the bench.

I just don't think we need any offensive linemen from the portal unless they have multiple years of eligibility. Before the coaching change, Justice said they didn't need any OL from the portal because Rivers and Campbell would be back from injuries.

We also need to evaluate the younger players. They never get experience if you're constantly jumping into the portal for replacements.

Advertisement
This young man has 1 year to play. Unless you're looking at him for depth, who is he going to play in front of?

I expect Campbell to take the RT spot unless Campbell is RG and Scaife on is on the bench.

I just don't think we need any offensive linemen from the portal unless they have multiple years of eligibility. Before the coaching change, Justice said they didn't need any OL from the portal because Rivers and Campbell would be back from injuries.

We also need to evaluate the younger players. They never get experience if you're constantly jumping into the portal for replacements.
He can play RT in front of Campbell or take one of the OG spots (with Scaife moving to C).

We need push up front. Last year was an improvement but not good enough. This is a guy with size and talent that can serve as a stopgap before Cristobal and Mirabal start stacking national kids.

He can play RT in front of Campbell or take one of the OG spots (with Scaife moving to C).

We need push up front. Last year was an improvement but not good enough. This is a guy with size and talent that can serve as a stopgap before Cristobal and Mirabal start stacking national kids.
Yeah, we still aren't nearly good enough at OL to not take extra help there.

The question: is he better then what we got? The John Campbell I saw before he got hurt was a truly ascending player.

Advertisement
The question: is he better then what we got? The John Campbell I saw before he got hurt was a truly ascending player.
I mean we have room and at worst he creates competition and has played actual snaps in a good conference. I think we keep waiting for the answer to come via the portal, and obviously you want the big impact guys, but it can also (maybe more reliably) be used to create depth and competition. If Campbell is better than him than great, we have an experienced backup instead of having to rely on Mclaughlin or whoever before they are ready to go.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back