Transfer Portal watch

Very athletic, but in terms of throwing, he couldn't hit water if he was standing on a boat in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Completed less than 53% of his passes in his only full season as QB, ended up running more than throwing most of the time.
Less drama version of Martell.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They went 5-7 and have a Top 15 class after losing their top recruit. I'd say that's pretty good.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be critical, but you need to look at that list a lot closer. "Top 15" is not some kind of accurate assessment.

First, recruiting isn't over. Miami might very well finish ahead of F$U if we get the guys we seem to be leading for.

Second, their top guy is 5-star Armella. I'm not going to trash the kid, because I kinda-sorta know we kinda-sorta wanted him, but he is overrated. That's the god's honest truth.

Third, they've got 2 4-star DLs who are still "verbals". Maybe they will sign, and maybe they won't, but Dante Anderson is a guy that wouldn't have a Miami offer under the new regime.

Fourth, I watched AJ Duffy in the UA game and was unimpressed.

Bottom line, that was a so-so recruiting class that petered out from "Top 5" to "Top 15" (and the race isn't over yet). I'm not putting a lot of stock in a racecar that runs out of gas on the last lap and coasts across the finish line. And that loss of momentum is going to impact F$U in February and with Portal kids.

F$U is completely unimpressive right now. Some big wins next fall could change things, but the stench around that program AT THIS TIME is one of lost opportunities and sub-par outcomes.

Advertisement
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be critical, but you need to look at that list a lot closer. "Top 15" is not some kind of accurate assessment.

First, recruiting isn't over. Miami might very well finish ahead of F$U if we get the guys we seem to be leading for.

Second, their top guy is 5-star Armella. I'm not going to trash the kid, because I kinda-sorta know we kinda-sorta wanted him, but he is overrated. That's the god's honest truth.

Third, they've got 2 4-star DLs who are still "verbals". Maybe they will sign, and maybe they won't, but Dante Anderson is a guy that wouldn't have a Miami offer under the new regime.

Fourth, I watched AJ Duffy in the UA game and was unimpressed.

Bottom line, that was a so-so recruiting class that petered out from "Top 5" to "Top 15" (and the race isn't over yet). I'm not putting a lot of stock in a racecar that runs out of gas on the last lap and coasts across the finish line. And that loss of momentum is going to impact F$U in February and with Portal kids.

F$U is completely unimpressive right now. Some big wins next fall could change things, but the stench around that program AT THIS TIME is one of lost opportunities and sub-par outcomes.

Agree with the overall gist of this, their class will definitely slide down and be closer to 20 come February. Yes, we also have a great chance of finishing better than them but they have 3 guys rated higher than Armella, 1 being a 5* ATH/DB who is pretty good (McCall). The Niceville kid is a freak as well and another top 100 kid rated higher than Armella.

Dante Anderson is a PWO, so that’s why he isn’t even on their verbal list. Woody probably won’t end up there (grades) but their OL class is still pretty decent considering how bad their OL has been for 5+ years and how bad they need to flip that room.

Lack of LBs, edge rushers, and playmakers at skill spots on O will continue to kill them though. To sign no prep WRs this year at ENSD after their WR issues this past season and the lackluster WR class they signed last year is criminal. I love it.

Agree with the overall gist of this, their class will definitely slide down and be closer to 20 come February. Yes, we also have a great chance of finishing better than them but they have 3 guys rated higher than Armella, 1 being a 5* ATH/DB who is pretty good (McCall). The Niceville kid is a freak as well and another top 100 kid rated higher than Armella.

Dante Anderson is a PWO, so that’s why he isn’t even on their verbal list. Woody probably won’t end up there (grades) but their OL class is still pretty decent considering how bad their OL has been for 5+ years and how bad they need to flip that room.

Lack of LBs, edge rushers, and playmakers at skill spots on O will continue to kill them though. To sign no prep WRs this year at ENSD after their WR issues this past season and the lackluster WR class they signed last year is criminal. I love it.

I ain't even arguing, I just used the Rivals rankings, not the 247 rankings. No matter how we slice it, Armella is still overrated, whether he is Top 25 or Top 125. I'm fine with McCall and Thomas, they are good. AJ Duffy is also overrated.

The inclusion of Dante Anderson is what pushes the Rivals ranking to 13, vs. the 247 ranking of 14. And let's not forget, 247 includes transfers, so it's truly not an apples-to-oranges comparison. Half of their transfers (including 2 WRs) are rated lower as transfers than they were as HS recruits. And, again, that kind of stuff happens, but it doesn't mean that we all have to be tricked into believing that F$U signed some kind of transformative recruiting class.

That's all. It's no criticism of any UM poster, it's just a basic "let's be careful" to not be lulled into the myth of this F$U class being so amazing (in spite of a 5-win season).

If F$U had signed the class that they had in September...AND beat all the FCS schools on their schedule...and managed one more ACC win (and beating the coach-less Gaytors), then I would be concerned.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Extremely talented kid who could obviously help us. At 5’9ish… Can he play outside or is he a pure slot guy? Cause if it’s the latter…do we really need him with X/Brashard/Coleman likely?

He likely follows Williams wherever he goes so it’s all moot anyway.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back