Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
We’re built to win a lot more than Fsu. Plus we have a hole for a veteran LB
The history of recruiting the last 5 or so years is these kids make terrible decisions. I'm not sure if they're just dumb or if they have handlers pushing them in the wrong direction. The portal has proven these kids don't do their homework.

Advertisement
Get this kid on campus ASAP! He's a NASTY **** in the trenches! Miami needs better run blocking and he does that very well!
From what I've read, seems like we can do muuuuuuuuch better.

"During Butler’s two seasons at Auburn, he appeared in just 13 games and made one start while totaling 20 tackles, including two for a loss. This season he saw the field in just four games for Auburn and had six total tackles. He did not appear in any of Auburn’s final five games of the year and saw the field in only three of the team’s SEC games."

From what I've read, seems like we can do muuuuuuuuch better.

"During Butler’s two seasons at Auburn, he appeared in just 13 games and made one start while totaling 20 tackles, including two for a loss. This season he saw the field in just four games for Auburn and had six total tackles. He did not appear in any of Auburn’s final five games of the year and saw the field in only three of the team’s SEC games."
I don't care about that! I know the kids story. As an Auburn Alum I hate to admit it, but the kid wasn't treated fairly and higher paid kids at the position played ahead of him. I watched him personally in practices destroy ****'s regularly.

Advertisement
Maybe it clicks in a different system. I can tell you he wasn’t tearing it up in practice, and that’s coming from a huge fan of his talent. The mental side is what’s holding him back. Still time for him to get rolling.
Were Flagg and Jennings?

Maybe it clicks in a different system. I can tell you he wasn’t tearing it up in practice, and that’s coming from a huge fan of his talent. The mental side is what’s holding him back. Still time for him to get rolling.
Hopefully a better position coach makes a difference

Advertisement
I don’t know much about the kid. Looks like a productive player, and we probably could use him but I really want him to spite FSU. They expect him and probably need him more than we do considering they don’t have a Chase Smith or Wesley Bissainthe on their roster at LB. They also are chalking this up as a Randy Shannon special and some are already bringing out the pitchforks if they don’t land him. The tears would be worth it.

Come home, Tatum.
Good enough for me to want him as well.

So pending that Mario gives the green light on Bethune why would anyone pick fsu over us right now?
he has no idea who the coaches are, that's really the only possible reason.

If he picks Miami, that's fantastic - we need LBs back as you all know, and even if he doesn't become a starter, he's at worst a very good depth option.

But if you're a kid who's financial career is very dependent on the next school you choose (and FSU is a terrible example/option because they suck but also because it's FSU), why would you choose a school that has no defensive coaches right now? Honestly - and I'm not trying to be a hater here, as long as Mario gets the right hires he can take as long as he wants (until that starts really affecting transfer portal kids, I'm talking striking out left and right on higher profile targets and have no coordinators still) - but are you going to put all your eggs in our basket when you don't definitively know who will be coaching you?

Now of course, Mario is that much of a savage recruiter that it could negate the point made above, plus he'd be ignorant to not see our current unit at LB and think "****, I could play immediately". But just thinking logically and down the road here - many of these talented players that want to be developed, can't put trust in a lot of unknowns.

Last edited:
Advertisement
he has no idea who the coaches are, that's really the only possible reason.

If he picks Miami, that's fantastic - we need LBs back as you all know, and even if he doesn't become a starter, he's at worst a very good depth option.

But if you're a kid who's financial career is very dependent on the next school you choose (and FSU is a terrible example/option because they suck but also because it's FSU), why would you choose a school that has no defensive coaches right now? Honestly - and I'm not trying to be a hater here, as long as Mario gets the right hires he can take as long as he wants (until that starts really affecting transfer portal kids, I'm talking striking out left and right and have no coordinators still) - but are you going to put all your eggs in our basket when you don't definitively know who will be coaching you?
Don't disagree with your position. However, relationships matter. His former high school DC (Joseph) and college DC (Shannon) are both on the F$U staff. That's a huge draw for the kid.

Very athletic, but in terms of throwing, he couldn't hit water if he was standing on a boat in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Completed less than 53% of his passes in his only full season as QB, ended up running more than throwing most of the time.

Advertisement
Back