Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Have you guys actually seen this kid? He’s got size and has some great pass blocking grades… but his run blocking leaves something to be desired. Very similar to Jarrid Williams. Not a huge knock because Williams stabilized to OL when we went pass heavy with TVD but I thought we were in the business of getting more physical not staying the same.

Advertisement
Have you guys actually seen this kid? He’s got size and has some great pass blocking grades… but his run blocking leaves something to be desired. Very similar to Jarrid Williams. Not a huge knock because Williams stabilized to OL when we went pass heavy with TVD but I thought we were in the business of getting more physical not staying the same.
I agree with the Jarrid Williams comp but I think Swoboda is a more talented version. A little bigger and more athletic. He swallowed up McCloud and Harvey on some big runs off tackle when we played UVA.

Another year of strength gains and Mirabal coaching should help him. He was a skinny basketball kid coming out.

Actually he was graded near perfect in run blocking like 3 or 4 times last year. He’s a bigger guy so it’s harder but from What I’ve been able to gather he’s an above average run blocker.

Advertisement
I agree with the Jarrid Williams comp but I think Swoboda is a more talented version. A little bigger and more athletic. He swallowed up McCloud and Harvey on some big runs off tackle when we played UVA.

Another year of strength gains and Mirabal coaching should help him. He was a skinny basketball kid coming out.
He also almost died of a heatstroke coming out of H.S. I think he needs another 10 pounds of muscle to be above average on the run blocking side (no doubt he is elite as a pass blocker and smart- identify blitzes etc). Hopefully, he can pick up that weight over the next 9 months.

I rewatched their OL from our game. Basically what both of you said. He looked better in the run game whenever he was downblocking. I'd think it's pretty hard for a 6'10 dude to get lower than the opposite guy most times.

2 sacks given up that I wouldn't blame him for. The first at :48 mark because of a stunt/twist confused the RG and blew up the play, and a coverage sack at at 10:35.

*****Trigger warning for dumb penalties, bad tackling, not getting off the field on 3rd down, and that ridiculous circus TD catch at 10:50.******

Advertisement
I rewatched their OL from our game. Basically what both of you said. He looked better in the run game whenever he was downblocking. I'd think it's pretty hard for a 6'10 dude to get lower than the opposite guy most times.

2 sacks given up that I wouldn't blame him for. The first at :48 mark because of a stunt/twist confused the RG and blew up the play, and a coverage sack at at 10:35.

*****Trigger warning for dumb penalties, bad tackling, not getting off the field on 3rd down, and that ridiculous circus TD catch at 10:50.******

Watching this, I think John Campbell will be a better player for this team. Idk, just think if we are going to hit the portal it needs to be for something better than this.

Advertisement
Back