Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Mario followed him
The portal can turn pretty fast man, the de at Fsu last year reached out to UM before he committed to fsu. We passed but these kids hit the portal with their mind made up until they find out who’s really interested. **** i‘ve seen kids reach out through HS teammates or family , tell a school he’s coming , hit the portal get a better offer and commit there. Within a day or two.

The portal can turn pretty fast man, the de at Fsu last year reached out to UM before he committed to fsu. We passed but these kids hit the portal with their mind made up until they find out who’s really interested. **** i‘ve seen kids reach out through HS teammates or family , tell a school he’s coming , hit the portal get a better offer and commit there. Within a day or two.
We passed? Never gonna live that down

Advertisement

He’s a Joseph Gillespie kid from that Tulsa system.

An undersized DL but could play in multiple spots along the line, very disruptive interior rusher.

Had 50tcks 15TFL’s & 5 sacks this season.

He’s a Waco TX kid, so maybe he wants to go back home to Baylor, but if there’s any interest on either side, he’s a take all day everyday. You can fit him in any Defensive front, 3-4, 4-3, 3-3-5, 4-2-5, he’s a plug & play instant impact contributor.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Miami Hurricanes are looking to improve their defense after finishing ninth in scoring defense and seventh in total defense in the ACC this past season under the previous coaching staff.

Improving in the front seven has been a point of emphasis for new head coach Mario Cristobal since his arrival and he has targeted key defensive transfers.

“The front seven needs to look a certain way out there,” Cristobal said. “I am talking about body types, depth, explosiveness, and physicality. I am excited about the trenches.”

Another, USC defensive lineman Jake Lichtenstein, has announced he is transferring to Miami.

It has been reported Miami is targeting UAB defensive lineman Antonio Moultrie, Albany defensive lineman Jared Verse, UCF linebacker Tatum Bethune and UAB linebacker Kirs Moll have been targeting by Miami and the staff is looking to get all four on campus for visits in January.

Notre Dame linebacker Shayne Simon is a new transfer target, a source has informed InsideTheU.
Simon (6-3, 233) was limited to one game this past season for the Irish as he suffered a season-ending shoulder injury in the opener against Florida State. He totaled 27 tackles, three for a loss and five pass breakups in 32 games, eight starts, over four seasons. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.

Simon was a four-star recruit, top-50 by 247Sports, in the 2018 class out of Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peters Prep.

VERSE UPDATE
Miami is hoping to get Verse on campus for his fifth and final visit, but it could be tough after he stated this week to GoVols247, "“I do not think me and my family think it’s the best-case scenario to use that fifth visit, so I do not plan on using it,” he said. “I do plan on releasing a decision later this week, late next week — at some point, sometime in the next week.”

Verse has also been offered by Oklahoma, USC, Texas, LSU, Florida, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Auburn and Florida State, Houston, Arkansas, Iowa, Connecticut, Nebraska, West Virginia, Utah, San Diego State, Colorado, Kansas, Purdue and Missouri, among others.

He has already taken trips to Houston, Tennessee, Syracuse and Florida State. A number of schools are vying for Verse’s fifth and final trip, which some believe will be where he ends up.

Verse (6-4, 247) registered 52 tackles, 11 ½ for a loss, 9 ½ sacks and one forced fumble this past season for the Great Danes, earning the CAA Defensive Rookie of the Year award and being named to the All-CAA Second Team as a redshirt freshman. He will have three years of eligibility remaining.

Verse was an unranked prospect in the 2019 class out of Bloomsburg (Pa.) Central Columbia.

Miami is looking to get mid-year enrollees on campus for visits as soon as Jan. 11 while they have to wait until Jan. 14 for regular enrollees.

The Miami Hurricanes are looking to improve their defense after finishing ninth in scoring defense and seventh in total defense in the ACC this past season under the previous coaching staff.

Improving in the front seven has been a point of emphasis for new head coach Mario Cristobal since his arrival and he has targeted key defensive transfers.

“The front seven needs to look a certain way out there,” Cristobal said. “I am talking about body types, depth, explosiveness, and physicality. I am excited about the trenches.”

Another, USC defensive lineman Jake Lichtenstein, has announced he is transferring to Miami.

It has been reported Miami is targeting UAB defensive lineman Antonio Moultrie, Albany defensive lineman Jared Verse, UCF linebacker Tatum Bethune and UAB linebacker Kirs Moll have been targeting by Miami and the staff is looking to get all four on campus for visits in January.

Notre Dame linebacker Shayne Simon is a new transfer target, a source has informed InsideTheU.
Simon (6-3, 233) was limited to one game this past season for the Irish as he suffered a season-ending shoulder injury in the opener against Florida State. He totaled 27 tackles, three for a loss and five pass breakups in 32 games, eight starts, over four seasons. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.

Simon was a four-star recruit, top-50 by 247Sports, in the 2018 class out of Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peters Prep.

VERSE UPDATE
Miami is hoping to get Verse on campus for his fifth and final visit, but it could be tough after he stated this week to GoVols247, "“I do not think me and my family think it’s the best-case scenario to use that fifth visit, so I do not plan on using it,” he said. “I do plan on releasing a decision later this week, late next week — at some point, sometime in the next week.”

Verse has also been offered by Oklahoma, USC, Texas, LSU, Florida, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Auburn and Florida State, Houston, Arkansas, Iowa, Connecticut, Nebraska, West Virginia, Utah, San Diego State, Colorado, Kansas, Purdue and Missouri, among others.

He has already taken trips to Houston, Tennessee, Syracuse and Florida State. A number of schools are vying for Verse’s fifth and final trip, which some believe will be where he ends up.

Verse (6-4, 247) registered 52 tackles, 11 ½ for a loss, 9 ½ sacks and one forced fumble this past season for the Great Danes, earning the CAA Defensive Rookie of the Year award and being named to the All-CAA Second Team as a redshirt freshman. He will have three years of eligibility remaining.

Verse was an unranked prospect in the 2019 class out of Bloomsburg (Pa.) Central Columbia.

Miami is looking to get mid-year enrollees on campus for visits as soon as Jan. 11 while they have to wait until Jan. 14 for regular enrollees.
This is why i said we'd slam the portal in the front 7 and why I said kids will bounce from here. The portal will be busy coming and going.

How we looking and/or is there interest?

Shocking that a kid being coached up by TWill would want to leave, that's the most interesting takeaway for me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When and where?
VERSE UPDATE

VERSE UPDATE
Most likely because he wants to enroll before he would be able to take that last visit.

More:

Albany defensive end transfer Jared Verse has been generating a ton of college interest since entering the portal.

Schools like USC, Florida State, Tennessee, Texas, LSU, Florida, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and multiple others have offered the No. 6 ranked transfer in the 247Sports Transfer Rankings.

Verse told InsideTheU on Friday night that a decision could be coming this week - as soon as Wednesday - and that he's been narrowing down his college choices by calling coaches and thanking them for their interest. He's down to "five or six" schools.

The 6-foot-4, 247-pounder said that Miami remains in the mix and that he's still regularly communicating with Mario Cristobal, Dennis Smith, and other members of UM's staff at this point. He spoke highly of Cristobal.

"He's probably the one I've been talking to most," Verse said.

The FCS standout has a final official visit to use, but he's not planning on taking advantage of that. He's deferring to online presentations and describes this as a "football decision."

We will keep monitoring the situation here over the coming days considering Verse said he plans on trying to eliminate a school a day so that he could come to a conclusive decision. Verse collected 9.5 sacks and 11.5 tackles for loss in 2021.

Advertisement
Back