Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who’s that ?

Former (enormous, 260 pounds) UM running back in the 2000s.

1641607449919.png

1641607482220.png

1641607504465.png

My bad, thought ya’ll were just listing targets. No, I have not seen anything about him visiting yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
UPDATE TO THE UPDATE;

Hearing Mario Williams should be in town officially visiting USC this weekend. I'm leaning toward Caleb Williams also being in town a some point just based on things being said and not said. Again, I don't have a source outright confirming that he has scheduled an official visit to USC. From what I'm told, it is a recruiting dead period, so while transfers can visit officially because of the enrollment window for spring, they cannot actually unofficially visit. So Caleb would have to officially visit to be on campus Jan. 3-Jan.9. To my knowledge, and this is all compliance stuff I'm not always that well versed on, Caleb can unofficially visit once the dead period ends Jan. 14-30. A dead period begins Jan. 31 and runs through the month of February.

Lincoln Riley doing everything possible to make this seem like just another transfer visit. Not fooling anyone

Advertisement
Word on Ol Miss boards from someone who has direct connection to a member of a small group of boosters involved is Williams family is looking for $2.25 million deal. They are contemplating it; some hesitation because they cannot determine absolutely if there is genuine interest on family's part or if it is part of larger game to secure the number from USC.

This info was posted on USC board by an acquaintance of above referenced Ol Miss booster..

This kind of crap is going to ruin the college game. Give the kids money to live a solid life while in college, but giving them this kind of coin is going to throw everything off permanently. Even though we have deep pockets down here and huge economic opportunity, I’m not a fan and believe this needs to be regulated as it is going to throw off all sorts of competitive balance. The college game (which I have preferred more than the pros) is over as we know it until there is a better solution. Texas teams figuring out how to filter cash to players as pay-to-play is ultimately going to bring this down. Should be interesting to see. In the meanwhile, I hope that Mario can right our ship before it all comes to an end.

Word on Ol Miss boards from someone who has direct connection to a member of a small group of boosters involved is Williams family is looking for $2.25 million deal. They are contemplating it; some hesitation because they cannot determine absolutely if there is genuine interest on family's part or if it is part of larger game to secure the number from USC.

This info was posted on USC board by an acquaintance of above referenced Ol Miss booster..
This is where they need to fix NIL deals - otherwise it's just minor league FA.

Sure, Williams can get paid $2.25m, but they have to prove that his likeness is WORTH $2.25m to the company. His celebrity endorsement must bring anything like that kind of value to the deal, otherwise it's all just a sham to pay football players.

Advertisement
Back