Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
I‘ll say it again “ the collective won’t spend just to spend“. They work with what they think a kids value is. Some of these cats are out of their mind lol. If he got what he wanted from Oregon then props to him.

I'm fine with this, as long as Mr. Ruiz can help us to sign separate NIL deals with football recruit Nyckoles Harbor and track superstar Nyckoles Harbor...

Mario made a comment about this. He mentioned the post spring wave will be a lot of kids ending spring 4th or 5th on their depth chart, trying to transfer in somewhere where they'll be 2nd or 3rd.

Of course, there are exceptions and other scenarios. Lets hope for a lot of those.
repeat what you typed and figure out how will guys 4th or 5th on their depth chart from us hel us other than depth fodder.

The only way is if we back channel and land guys like Jackson or Mesidor types post spring but the chances of that THIS year is slim if they werent back channelling in the initial open portal windows.

Need a Safety, 1 tech dt (unless they sign a high schooler), and maybe 2 wrs.

repeat what you typed and figure out how will guys 4th or 5th on their depth chart from us hel us other than depth fodder.

The only way is if we back channel and land guys like Jackson or Mesidor types post spring but the chances of that THIS year is slim if they werent back channelling in the initial open portal windows.

Agreed. Not to mention, the scuttlebutt is that Mario won't take bodies just to take bodies so let's hope some quality players hit the portal in that second wave.

Advertisement
Agreed. Not to mention, the scuttlebutt is that Mario won't take bodies just to take bodies so let's hope some quality players hit the portal in that second wave.
What is said and what is done are usually two different things in life. Last year we heard the same thing and took a bunch of JAGs in the portal because that was all that was available.

What is said and what is done are usually two different things in life. Last year we heard the same thing and took a bunch of JAGs in the portal because that was all that was available.

Well...the two best guys we took from the Portal were 2 of the last 3 who committed to us.

Right/wrong/otherwise, I think that some at Miami felt we were too un-selective right out of the gate last year.

While true that a bunch were just JAGs, the reality is the roster was so thin those JAGs were still an upgrade over some of the "depth" players we had before. The quality of the portal additions seem to be higher overall this year, but even then, pulling in a few people who are expected to be nothing more than solid rotational players may be needed vs. some of the people we had who probably never should have even been on a P5 team.

Advertisement
While true that a bunch were just JAGs, the reality is the roster was so thin those JAGs were still an upgrade over some of the "depth" players we had before. The quality of the portal additions seem to be higher overall this year, but even then, pulling in a few people who are expected to be nothing more than solid rotational players may be needed vs. some of the people we had who probably never should have even been on a P5 team.
Whatever the case and you and I can go back and forth on this for 20 pages, the end result was 5-7.

After spring there’ll be more quality just less players. Miami better be back channeling their asses off , because this current roster won’t cut it.

I‘ll say it again “ the collective won’t spend just to spend“. They work with what they think a kids value is. Some of these cats are out of their mind lol. If he got what he wanted from Oregon then props to him.

Uncle Phil's dippin into the stash. Lifetime Jordans included.

Advertisement
Advertisement
After spring there’ll be more quality just less players. Miami better be back channeling their asses off , because this current roster won’t cut it.
We're a year away from being a year away. Still very little to no depth at key spots and questionable starters at others.

I posted last year 2-3 more classes
Definitely going to need 2-3 more classes.

After seeing the mf'er that is our 2024 schedule, I looked at the potential 2024 roster. You can already tell who's going to declare early. If certain positions aren't addressed this year, we're gonna have depth problems next year that'll make 2022's look small.

We really need to start stacking QBs though. Not another project or developmental guy. But guys that WRs want to play with. Top 100 recruits.

Definitely going to need 2-3 more classes.

After seeing the mf'er that is our 2024 schedule, I looked at the potential 2024 roster. You can already tell who's going to declare early. If certain positions aren't addressed this year, we're gonna have depth problems next year that'll make 2022's look small.

We really need to start stacking QBs though. Not another project or developmental guy. But guys that WRs want to play with. Top 100 recruits.
One thing that is for sure, is that no one was able to land back to back classes to stack talent yet. Not Radio, Not Diabetes, Not Richt and definitely not Mandy. Mario has a shot at that this year and I think he does it.

Advertisement
Back