Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Unacceptable!!!!!

SMDH!!!
Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Oregon and FSU are obviously tampering errr back channeling these players to get them in the portal. That's how you have to play the portal game at the highest level.

By the time they hit the portal it's basically too late for most of them.

We did the same thing with Tyrique. FSU has been better, with the portal, period.

Didn't we hire one of the better portal guys from MSU (pretty sure it was Mich St. but could be wrong) to the staff last year? Is he taking a sabbatical with Gattis in some private island as well? Also thought Zo would assist in this area.
Anyways, maybe not being off season champions will work out for us.....🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Correct me if I am wrong, but now that Miami has ended it's drop/add period, we can only add portal guys this summer when the new session starts-right?

Yes in case you missed the point, people have stressed over and over here, is that when alot of players hit the portal they have a spot in mind. Maybe not all, but a good majority. That is why you see 1 maybe 2 visits then commit and enroll.

We still got the best interior OL in portal in Cohen and Lee.

We got 1 of the highest ranked LB'ers in the portal in Mauigoa.

We got 1 of the better CB's in the portal in Brown.

Gore was the higest ranked portal DT according to PFF.

Deen was 3rd team Big 10 2 years in a row IIRC.

Roberts was the best special teams player at Iowa, and a starting CB that graded out very well this past season.

I think Mario has done better this cycle than last portal cycle, but obviously the glaring need is WR, and I still think a RB, BIG DT, and S would complete the portal class.

Correct me if I am wrong, but now that Miami has ended it's drop/add period, we can only add portal guys this summer when the new session starts-right?
You can add them they just cannot enroll until the 1st summer session and therefore would not be available to participate in spring practice or work out with the team formally at least.

Advertisement
Yes in case you missed the point, people have stressed over and over here, is that when alot of players hit the portal they have a spot in mind. Maybe not all, but a good majority. That is why you see 1 maybe 2 visits then commit and enroll.

We still got the best interior OL in portal in Cohen and Lee.

We got 1 of the highest ranked LB'ers in the portal in Mauigoa.

We got 1 of the better CB's in the portal in Brown.

Gore was the higest ranked portal DT according to PFF.

Deen was 3rd team Big 10 2 years in a row IIRC.

Roberts was the best special teams player at Iowa, and a starting CB that graded out very well this past season.

I think Mario has done better this cycle than last portal cycle, but obviously the glaring need is WR, and I still think a RB, BIG DT, and S would complete the portal class.

All those positions were available. Still gaps.

Advertisement
Didn't we hire one of the better portal guys from MSU (pretty sure it was Mich St. but could be wrong) to the staff last year? Is he taking a sabbatical with Gattis in some private island as well? Also thought Zo would assist in this area.
Anyways, maybe not being off season champions will work out for us.....🤷‍♂️
Yes. Doesn’t really make any sense at this point. It seems they want another DT, a TE, 2 WRs, a CB and a S yet outside of a couple transcript issues with their preferred DT and TE, they didn't really make a play early by backchanneling within the agent community to make things work out

I suspect that there will be another wave of portal adds and subtractions following spring practices. Guy realizing that they are not where they want of the depth charts or that they are worth much more to programs looking to fill holes...................I hope there are lots of #1 WRs that pop up.....................

I suspect that there will be another wave of portal adds and subtractions following spring practices. Guy realizing that they are not where they want of the depth charts or that they are worth much more to programs looking to fill holes...................I hope there are lots of #1 WRs that pop up.....................
Mario made a comment about this. He mentioned the post spring wave will be a lot of kids ending spring 4th or 5th on their depth chart, trying to transfer in somewhere where they'll be 2nd or 3rd.

Of course, there are exceptions and other scenarios. Lets hope for a lot of those.

Advertisement
Gabby Urritia says the Singletary rumors are just that. He said he doesnt see UM very involved at this moment; so unsure where Donno is coming from. Also said he's unsure if he will play Spring ball anywhere at this point.

Gabby Urritia says the Singletary rumors are just that. He said he doesnt see UM very involved at this moment; so unsure where Donno is coming from. Also said he's unsure if he will play Spring ball anywhere at this point.
The possibility of playing spring ball has all but passed for him unless he goes back to UGA.

Advertisement
Back