Transfer Portal watch

The guy has been here 6-weeks into a 2yrs (at minimum) rebuild.

Might want to start showing some patience friend.
Doesn’t matter when it comes to transfers.. it’s easier to pull in transfers as a new coach. Not saying he can’t do the rebuild, just that we have to pull some dudes out the portal

Advertisement
I mean, can you blame me? You replied to THAT specific article with "**** and we losing portal battles left and right". Let Mario recruit the HS kids that we had no shot with a month ago, and now in the thick of things. Yes, we all understand we need portal help, but no one knows who Mario is really pushing hard for. We will get some players, just need to make sure they're the right fit. We all want things coming our way now, but let Mario prove that he knows what he's doing.
It wasn’t to the article itself but the quote the poster wrote with it. Saying they got their second portal QB, that’s why I said **** we ain’t even pull a dude yet lol. Not saying he ain’t good or he won’t pull.. just saying we need the help.

Advertisement
Watch out for LSU here. Brian Kelly hired the former Desmet HC who was on the special teams staff for the Minnesota Vikings. He coached Wingo in high school.
**** he’s moving fast as **** through the coaching ranks. Rob Steeples was head coach at DeSmet for like 2 years after he finished playing nfl ball. It was his alma mater but I was shocked he got the nod so soon. Instant state title though, then he went to Minnesota as a coach this past year. He must be really highly regarded already at only 32.

Advertisement
Mario is killing the recruiting game, but so far we are striking out in portal.

Mario obviously is building this to last, my hope that we fans have just a little patience.

We have too many holes on front 7, and if we switch to a new defense it may take some time.
Don't think you can totally separate them the portal is another part of recruiting

Where did I say we were after those bums? Just saying they brought in two guys at the same position and we have not gotten one portal guy we have offered yet. Not saying Mario is a bad recruiter or anything, just that we’ve offered many portal guys and so far none has chosen us.. we need the help bad too.
But why point out VT picking up two portal scrubs? I'm sure if we offered scrubs we'd get them, but clearly Mario is only looking for top players that fill needs, not desperation grabs.

Advertisement
Just a guess, but I think once the OC and DC are announced, there will be some potential portal kids from those schools as well. Just to follow their coach…

I am not an insider, I repeat, I am not an insider.
That’s assuming the OC & DC are from schools, it’s more than likely they’re from the NFL...

Well, at least one of’em.

Advertisement

Even with a decade of #1 classes Bama still ransacks the Portal...

Game Cheating GIF

Advertisement
Back