Transfer Portal watch

He’s a Vegas kid from Deseret Pines (same school as UGA TE/RT Darnell Washington & 2022 RB Oklahoma signee Jovantae Barnes)...

The HC at Desert Pines, Tico Rodriguez is a Miami Cuban who we’ve established a relationship with recruiting a few prospects from Pines over the last couple classes.

This would definitely be an opportunity for coach Salave’a to shine & bring this kid in.

He would very easily be a fit in the new Defensive front, could play NT or 3-Tech.
Most on here shoot with an uzi, you are an elite sniper. Well done sir. 💯 Fwiw we were so close to getting Washington. Like so many others, we just didn’t have the juice to pull him. Nice kid. Kind of silly. Big goofy funny kid. He’ll do more in the league, than he did at UGA when he’s done there.

Advertisement
Mario is killing the recruiting game, but so far we are striking out in portal.

Mario obviously is building this to last, my hope that we fans have just a little patience.

We have too many holes on front 7, and if we switch to a new defense it may take some time.

Mario is killing the recruiting game, but so far we are striking out in portal.

Mario obviously is building this to last, my hope that we fans have just a little patience.

We have too many holes on front 7, and if we switch to a new defense it may take some time.
Idk if I’d say we’re striking out. It’s hard to tell exactly who Mario is really pushing for.

I think the Jayson loss to Auburn is probably one of the big ones but outside of that it’s hard to get a read on who his tier 1 guys are.

Still plenty of time and probably a good number of players that haven’t yet entered the portal that eventually will. Give it a month or two and then we’ll have a better opportunity to judge portal production.

Advertisement
Which of those two QBs were we after and lost?
Where did I say we were after those bums? Just saying they brought in two guys at the same position and we have not gotten one portal guy we have offered yet. Not saying Mario is a bad recruiter or anything, just that we’ve offered many portal guys and so far none has chosen us.. we need the help bad too.

You have to give the perpetual chicken littles an opportunity to start to lay the groundwork for their “see, Mario sucked and I knew it years ago” posts in the future
Nah no one is saying that but we NEED to step it up in the portal and land some guys, no doubt.

Advertisement
Idk if I’d say we’re striking out. It’s hard to tell exactly who Mario is really pushing for.

I think the Jayson loss to Auburn is probably one of the big ones but outside of that it’s hard to get a read on who his tier 1 guys are.

Still plenty of time and probably a good number of players that haven’t yet entered the portal that eventually will. Give it a month or two and then we’ll have a better opportunity to judge portal production.

Yeah, some of our fans get stuck in a self-loathing cycle, where they look at the PUBLIC portal list, deem certain guys to be Miami necessities, and then they get all depressed when those guys don't come to Miami.

Meanwhile, it's been said a million times, these kids are already reaching out, regardless of whether they are "officially" in the Portal. So I have no doubts that Mario knows a lot more about who he wants than some of our porsters who have the Portal bookmarked in their internet browser.

As you said, the guy who went to Auburn seems to have been the one guy that had a solid offer to come to UM. Most of the other guys have just been "conversation" targets. So far.

Where did I say we were after those bums? Just saying they brought in two guys at the same position and we have not gotten one portal guy we have offered yet. Not saying Mario is a bad recruiter or anything, just that we’ve offered many portal guys and so far none has chosen us.. we need the help bad too.

1. USC transfer

So, yeah, it's just one right now, but it is one.

Advertisement
I mean, can you blame me? You replied to THAT specific article with "**** and we losing portal battles left and right". Let Mario recruit the HS kids that we had no shot with a month ago, and now in the thick of things. Yes, we all understand we need portal help, but no one knows who Mario is really pushing hard for. We will get some players, just need to make sure they're the right fit. We all want things coming our way now, but let Mario prove that he knows what he's doing.

I present to you:

They didn’t recruit a lot of portal kids to Oregon. They cherry picked. Jake is from south Florida. It’s easier to bring in kids who are from the area. Jones is from Alabama. We have a good chance with the WR from JMU and we’ll land some guys. I just think Mario prefers building with high school kids.

Advertisement
I’ve beat this like a dead horse, but you just can’t expect portal guys to choose us like high schools kids, especially without a staff. Just wait til we finalize it (or at least get bigger pieces) and then they’ll come imo.

my post was that without supplementing areas with portal talent this will be a young team and have growing pains, and I don't want the pitchforks out for Mario if we go 8-4 next season.

The defense could really stink, and the OC is a big big hire. If there is an adjustment with TVD learning a new offense Miami could have a big adjustment season then you throw in the toughness and culture Mario will bring it could be very interesting.

Advertisement
Back