Transfer Portal watch

You’re down on us for good reason but let’s not act like it can’t be fixed. Safety and corner portal acquisitions are coming as well i believe the issue there is more about knowing they won’t be coming into start so that’s more of the problem convincing a kid to come play 3rd safety role or 4th right now when they’re transferring usually to start.
Cohen is going to the league. He’s legit.

The rb room is in good shape. Both rbs in this class are under rated 4 stars and the argument can be made that fletcher is a 5 star.

If the ol is good next year, our skill players and Tvd are good enough without a true wr1 to play with anyone on our schedule. Our te room is loaded with talent

Clemson is still more talented than fsu so idk why all this Seminole slurping. Just put speed at inside lb and spy Travis every play

Advertisement
Cohen is a massive upgrade for the starting unit, but also for the depth. Coach Cristobal clearly has a body type he prefers and this allows there to be depth with those body types and not be forced to rely on the Denis, Seymore, McCoy body types inside. Even Sagopolu is a 6-2 G body type who is square-bodied.

Cohen allows Rivers to compete at RT and not kill depth inside. He’s also a perfect bridge guy to allow youth to grow up this year.

Moving your depth chart from:

LG- Mauioga, Seymore, etc.
RG- Cooper, Kinsler, etc.

To:

LG- Cohen, Mauigoa, Kinsler
RG- Cooper/Mauigoa, Kinsler

Pretty huge difference and allows actual depth to be present.
Mauigoa is for sure going to be a guard? or used hybrid, able to move outside and inside

Advertisement
No. But I’m not giving Mario a pass after that debacle of a season and the way it played out. Other first year coaches, at lesser programs, did much better.

I hope he flips the scoreboard, starting soon with portal acquisition and staff changes and is extremely successful.

I’d much rather it be a month from now and I’m saying: locked down Cormani, added a WR1, 2 quality DTs and depth better than we lost; grabbed a few closers at signing day & brought in an exciting OC.

Its January 3rd. Have a ****tail and breathe.

Advertisement
Cohen is going to the league. He’s legit.

The rb room is in good shape. Both rbs in this class are under rated 4 stars and the argument can be made that fletcher is a 5 star.

If the ol is good next year, our skill players and Tvd are good enough without a true wr1 to play with anyone on our schedule. Our te room is loaded with talent

Clemson is still more talented than fsu so idk why all this Seminole slurping. Just put speed at inside lb and spy Travis every play
An argument can be made for Fletcher of being a 5 star if you have an extra chromosome, sure. Our RB room is okay, our best talent has proven it can’t stay healthy there. Our WR is sucks donkey **** through and through. Then there is the coaching issue… next year does not look bright whatsoever unless we get some more impact players through the portal. Good news is that there is still time.

Its January 3rd. Have a ****tail and breathe.

I’m completely fine, and will have a ****tail and breathe later. Merely responding to the assertion that I should have been satisfied with one part being successful making the other failures ok.

I think Mario can build Miami back, and don’t really understand why we can’t call a W a W and an L an L and keep going towards more Ws than Ls…

(And let’s be even more fair with the math, I’m not talking about 1 recruit L vs a dominant class as 1 to one, I’m simply responding that while closing last years NSD was absolutely incredible in such a short time, it doesn’t dismiss things like the coaching staff debacle)

Advertisement
Mauigoa is for sure going to be a guard? or used hybrid, able to move outside and inside
I’d imagine he starts out at G, but that’s just me talking. My vote doesn’t really matter. For all I know, they’ll start him at RT and move Rivers to RG.

Started for them at Nose in their bowl game.

Listed at 6’3 and 332.

Rogers broke out this season and proved why he was such a coveted high school recruit. From his nose tackle position, Rogers logged 36 total tackles and half a sack which came at Missouri.

He made a single game career-high nine total tackles against Vanderbilt, had six tackles against No. 1 Georgia and four at Tennessee.

Rogers improvement in 2022 caught the eye of his head coach Mark Stoops.

"Yeah, he has (flown under the radar)," Stoops said of Rogers after his performance at Missouri that saw him log half a sack. "He's really done a nice job. I think the D-line, in general, they're really maturing. They're playing really hard. They bring good energy every day and they have to be selfless. A lot of times, they don't show up on that stat line, but they're doing a lot of the dirty work up front and I've been really pleased with Justin.

"I think he's really taking a big step."

Last edited:

Listed at 6’3 and 332.

Rogers broke out this season and proved why he was such a coveted high school recruit. From his nose tackle position, Rogers logged 36 total tackles and half a sack which came at Missouri.

He made a single game career-high nine total tackles against Vanderbilt, had six tackles against No. 1 Georgia and four at Tennessee.

"Yeah, he has (flown under the radar)," Stoops said of Rogers after his performance at Missouri that saw him log half a sack. "He's really done a nice job. I think the D-line, in general, they're really maturing. They're playing really hard. They bring good energy every day and they have to be selfless. A lot of times, they don't show up on that stat line, but they're doing a lot of the dirty work up front and I've been really pleased with Justin.

Should we queue up "Congrats to [fsu, Michigan state]" message on their pickup?

Advertisement

Listed at 6’3 and 332.

Go get him NOW

Go get him NOW
The problem with most highly desirable Portal entrants is that it’s probably too late to “get him NOW” if you were not on him before he entered.

Need the insiders to tell us that we are in the game i.e. we participated in back channeling activities prior to his entry becoming public. If not, he’s likely going elsewhere.

"A decision to put NIL resources into keeping current players from leaving and hitting the portal vs allotting more toward high school"

Apologies if I am misunderstanding you here...but are you suggesting that the semenholes lackluster HS recruiting is on purpose?

Exactly...here's Norvell justifying his recruiting class:
76866w.jpg

Advertisement
Back