Transfer Portal watch

Fair. Current realty: 10 wins. Vs. a doomed, lost and clueless 2022 season. Sad, but true.

You’re asking for hope and trust after the worst season in 40 years that was lead by horrendous coaching…
Were the semenholes lead by horrendous coaching when they lost to Jacksonville State?

Also you are comparing year one vs year three

Advertisement
2 players that won't have many other suitors.

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office
Bring me the DT. He isn’t anything exciting but he replaces Miller at least. Will still need at least another good one if not 2 but let’s get some points on the board there.

Were the semenholes lead by horrendous coaching when they lost to Jacksonville State?

Also you are comparing year one vs year three

Our offense, clock management and feel for the game were all atrocious this year.

My issue is it was blamed on the players but we haven’t been quick enough to replace our players booted or left to the portal…

Advertisement
Advertisement
They have 10 wins and are the verge of finishing the year ranked top 10 and some refuse to say that is at least decent…but are relying on hope that 2 years from now, we’ll win 10…

Why do you think that?

There can be a difference between acknowledging stats like "10 wins" and "top 10"...an accepting the use of words such as "sustainable" and "strategy".

Why do you think that?

There can be a difference between acknowledging stats like "10 wins" and "top 10"...an accepting the use of words such as "sustainable" and "strategy".

Using sustainable to diminish the current is what is happening.

And their strategy is to load up on the portal and keep players from a 10 win team to make a natty run… that’s not unreasonable or about sustainability, it’s about running it back and going all in now.

They have 10 wins and are the verge of finishing the year ranked top 10 and some refuse to say that is at least decent…but are relying on hope that 2 years from now, we’ll win 10…
So you are arguing...that any semenhole that had hope two years ago when they lost to Jacksonville State was right to have hope since they just won 10 games this year......but any UM fan that might have the Audacity to have hope that in two year we could have 10 wins is somehow wrong ?

Advertisement
And yet somehow here we are in year three praising their strategy for success.
So I find myself AGAIN in the unenviable position of defending the Semenholes. Firstly, the blowback from my standpoint is with those 1000% certain that we have the strategy for success, while also 1000% certain that they don't. The argument rings hollow when those who said they sucked a year ago are now assuring us their 'formula' isn't sustainable. Ok, so a borderline top 10 program with a marketable brand can't begin to sell itself? How 'bout simply giving credit where credit's due. Tell ya what, if I go out to the woodshed with a guy and get bludgeoned, then watch him add to his ****nal - think I'll just keep my mouth shut. When we meet again and he bloodies my nose, I sure as **** won't be spouting on about his 'methods' not being sustainable.
Now I was absolutely thrilled when Cristobal was hired. Today..tempered expectations. Even his stellar class has holes (wr, DT, qb (?)). Hard to believe Gattis's status is still up in the air. Is the offensive philosophy dated? How's his history with qb's? I understand we've only finished year 1, but there aren't any guarantees of success, at least in my estimation.

So you are arguing...that any semenhole that had hope two years ago when they lost to Jacksonville State was right to have hope since they just won 10 games this year......but any UM fan that might have the Audacity to have hope that in two year we could have 10 wins is somehow wrong ?

No. I’m saying don’t dismiss their strategy because you don’t like them. And while hope is all you have as a fanbase, don’t be blind to our coaches failures

Using sustainable to diminish the current is what is happening.

And their strategy is to load up on the portal and keep players from a 10 win team to make a natty run… that’s not unreasonable or about sustainability, it’s about running it back and going all in now.

First, it's not a strategy. And, second, it's not "diminishing" the current year, it is accurately questioning what will happen in the future years. Good lord, even F$U fans themselves are concerned about that.

At least the Kiffin *********** can talk about Ole Miss historically recruiting JuCo players (which are NOT "Portal transfers", but we can save that conversation for another day). There is literally no excuse for F$U not to be doing better with high school recruiting, given the state in which they are located and, you know, the last 40 years of F$U history.

As for your bullcrap about "keeping players from a 10 win team to make a natty run" and "running it back and going all in now", you ignore the fact that F$U's most successful Portal additions have been guys who played for 1 year only. Might they have a couple of Portal guys who will stay longer than one year? Sure, but by no means is it ALL OF THEM.

Just stop svcking Norvell's c0cck.

Advertisement
Having some very serious concerns that Mario isn’t approaching this job with very much urgency, save for high school recruiting.

They’ve been a day late and a dollar short for 12 months with portal targets and he appears to be perfectly fine running back a staff that completely underwhelmed this past year.

Ok we can agree not to dismiss their strategy but ALSO acknowledge they are in year three AND THAT there was a lot of coaching failure in their first two years.

Very fair. We can be, clearly not everyone can based on the rant above 👆🏼… I don’t think we are that far off in our thinking here. (I’m concerned about lack of adapting on our end on multiple fronts.)

Last edited:
First, it's not a strategy. And, second, it's not "diminishing" the current year, it is accurately questioning what will happen in the future years. Good lord, even F$U fans themselves are concerned about that.

At least the Kiffin *********** can talk about Ole Miss historically recruiting JuCo players (which are NOT "Portal transfers", but we can save that conversation for another day). There is literally no excuse for F$U not to be doing better with high school recruiting, given the state in which they are located and, you know, the last 40 years of F$U history.

As for your bullcrap about "keeping players from a 10 win team to make a natty run" and "running it back and going all in now", you ignore the fact that F$U's most successful Portal additions have been guys who played for 1 year only. Might they have a couple of Portal guys who will stay longer than one year? Sure, but by no means is it ALL OF THEM.

Just stop svcking Norvell's c0cck.

Nice rant. A decision to put NIL resources into keeping current players from leaving and hitting the portal vs allotting more toward high school in an attempt to make a 2023 run is indeed a strategic decision aka a strategy.

That strategy is a build on 2022 for 2023 with the hopes it wins big and carries into 2024. It may fail wonderfully, but we don’t know that yet. I don’t care if they gamble and have 1 year or two year or 6 year guys. The plan is their plan. **** em if it fails. **** FSU either way.

Advertisement
Back