Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Was there any truth to the Liam Coen rumors last year? He seems to be in troubled waters right now with the Rams. Most coaches probably get more time but their offense completely fell off a cliff, and they seem to pull the trigger faster in the NFL.

Hadn’t considered this. Rumors are McVay may retire and go to the booth for broadcasting

Nah I was just basing that off of what I know about the staff, more of a educated guess. I don’t know who the possibilities are, just some ideas or guesses. Maybe making a run at guys who were interested last time but there wasn’t many options with their staff. I’m just pretty confident at the least he’s reached out and knows who’s interested
I would like to see him circle back to Jason Candle and let him bring his coaches with him to run his offense. Alex should stay, but everybody else could be shown the door if this happens.

Advertisement
Nah I was just basing that off of what I know about the staff, more of a educated guess. I don’t know who the possibilities are, just some ideas or guesses. Maybe making a run at guys who were interested last time but there wasn’t many options with their staff. I’m just pretty confident at the least he’s reached out and knows who’s interested
Getting the right OC and assistants is clearly priority number one, but I hope the hiring doesn't drag out like last year. Need to be as opportunistic as possible in talent acquisition and feel the Portal and ESD kids need to know their coaches.

It fell off a cliff because they can’t protect Matt. They’re probably starting their 3rd string QB this week.
The Rams sold their soul for that SB. They were geniuses for giving away all their picks and signing free agents. Manipulating the cap and using cash over cap. Now they’re f’d with no picks and salary cap issues. The draft will
always be the Long term health and lifeblood of your franchise in theNFL, not free agency and manipulating the cap. Like I said if you think that SB was worth in then congrats , squeeze it tight the next 3-4 years lol.

Last edited:
Started the national championship game last year
Screenshot_20221123-135758.png

Advertisement
The Rams sold their soul for that SB. They were geniuses for giving away all their picks and signing free agents. Manipulating the cap and using cash over cap. Now they’re f’d with no picks and salary cap issues. Long term health of your franchise in the NFL will always be the life blood, not free agency and manipulating the cap. Like I said if you think that SB was worth in then congrats , squeeze it tight the next couple years lol.
Definitely will hurt the rams long term but as a lions fan I would have happily exchanged a Super Bowl for all our picks

Definitely will hurt the rams long term but as a lions fan I would have happily exchanged a Super Bowl for all our picks
The Lions ? Sure , that’s a good trade off lol. They’re going to suck most years so why not take a SB?The Rams kicked that can down the road and now they’ll have to pay , so will their fans. Let’s see how fans react after a few years of no playoffs , will it make that SB mean more or less? I’d much rather my team build a roster through the draft and have me interested every year and have hope. That’s just me

Last edited:
I would like to see him circle back to Jason Candle and let him bring his coaches with him to run his offense. Alex should stay, but everybody else could be shown the door if this happens.
Toledo will go to a bowl this year and is currently sitting atop the MAC west. I think that ship has sailed, they will probably extend him. The circumstances last year was probably our best shot and he still chose to stay.

But yeah, that would be a good hire if it happened.

The Lions ? Sure , that’s a good trade off lol. They’re going to suck most years so why not take a SB?The Rams kicked that can down the road and now they’ll have to pay , so will their fans. Let’s see how fans react after a few years of no playoffs , will it make that SB mean more or less? I’d much rather my team build a roster through the draft and have me interested every year and have hope. That’s just me

Why I love the current Titans organization. The Titans have issues, but the organization is built for consistency and to compete at a high level.

Advertisement
Toledo will go to a bowl this year and is currently sitting atop the MAC west. I think that ship has sailed, they will probably extend him. The circumstances last year was probably our best shot and he still chose to stay.

But yeah, that would be a good hire if it happened.
I'm not sure. He lost to BG again this season. If they lose out, he could be out.

Advertisement
The Rams sold their soul for that SB. They were geniuses for giving away all their picks and signing free agents. Manipulating the cap and using cash over cap. Now they’re f’d with no picks and salary cap issues. The draft will
always be the Long term health and lifeblood of your franchise in theNFL, not free agency and manipulating the cap. Like I said if you think that SB was worth in then congrats , squeeze it tight the next 3-4 years lol.
It’s always worth it when you win.

Advertisement
Back