Transfer Portal watch

Not crazy about his size. But like with Sagopolu i'm going to trust Mirabal and Mario. They know these guys better than anybody. We wouldn't be taking them if they weren't good enough to play here.
It is probably a real indictment on our CURRENT roster. UM needs a solid 2 deep and right now it's not there. Struggling to find a solid starting 5.

Advertisement
A4BB0652-DE05-4057-AA81-D8499827A84D.jpeg

Advertisement
As in this year or next? Kid hasn’t played in two years so I doubt he is taking Clark’s spot

Maybe Clark is a better option at G than what we have and comparable to Denis at C. so not a huge drop.. You could have Zion-Clark-Denis-Logan-Rivers as a starting 5. with a second string of McLaughlin-Justice/Traore-Seymore/Rodriguez -Campbell-Scaife

In short it gives us more options at the interior of the line but we still need T bodies.

Maybe Clark is a better option at G than what we have and comparable to Denis at C. so not a huge drop.. You could have Zion-Clark-Denis-Logan-Rivers as a starting 5. with a second string of McLaughlin-Justice/Traore-Seymore/Rodriguez -Campbell-Scaife

In short it gives us more options at the interior of the line but we still need T bodies.
IIRC, Clark was a huge liability at OG. Maybe he wasn’t ready yet. He went to C last year and we looked like a totally different OL as a whole.

Advertisement
IIRC, Clark was a huge liability at OG. Maybe he wasn’t ready yet. He went to C last year and we looked like a totally different OL as a whole.
Could be coincidence but we also faced a softer schedule 2nd half of season.

I dont necessarily agree with that considering Pitt, va tech, nc state, are on that back end.

I think Clark is/was a better center than the guy ahead of him at the point of attack.
We played 2 playoff teams in beginning of season. I won't argue that Clark was better than rollittoem.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I do not recall him being a huge liability, but I agree he was a liability when he was thrown in as a TF and we had him and TF Zion on the line in 19 when we were awful on OL. As a Soph he seemed to have taken a step back but I think it came out he was hurt then as a Jr played better.

I do agree he was better at C overall though and now he has over 30 starts under his belt and is a 4th year junior. So maybe just swap Denis in at G instead of C and keep Clark at C. It is the same thing essentially. I was only responding to someone who said he was going to be a C and it would be hard to up-seat Clark. My comment was more targeted towards the added flexibility.

One other thing, I assume Denis has 4 years of eligibility? He came in 2020 did not play in COVID (freebie year) and was hurt the following year so I assume he took a RS. which means he is coming in with 4 years. The thought could be we lose some people next year and regardless need depth so having essentially a True Soph next year in terms of eligibility but it is actually like having a junior.

Was this the kid from Mississippi that we had committed and ugay swooped in and stole
Him?
He’s from Louisiana & yes he was committed to us from March up until November 2019, then he claimed his Grandfather was sick & wanted to be closer to home so he flipped to Ole Miss.

Then he decommitted from Ole Miss like the day before NSD & signed his LOI with UGA for the 2020 class.

Advertisement
Back