Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Its funny how I get the feeling we as fans are watching the portal like a hawk moreso than our own staff is! Lol. Not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing. Positions of need are dropping in daily and we just seem to be on the sidelines.

Like one poster said, I think Manny has Mario beat in this portal game. Would love to know how many portal guys Oregon took in the last few years. Maybe hes not use to the speed and complexity of which you have to move when dealing with portal kids? If we are honest here... Ladson, Parrish and the USC kid basically fell in his lap. They wanted to come home. Not a knock on Mario, but maybe hes just not up to speed with how recruiting portal kids is different then HS kids.

As for the Brini debate, I had no idea he was a 5th year Sr. Has it been that long since he left HS? Sheesh. I was about to agree with the poster that said if we took Parrish why not take Brini? Same scenario re position groups. But then saw Brini has one year left. So in that case, not sure I would take him unless he can absolutely help us at CB.

Its funny how I get the feeling we as fans are watching the portal like a hawk moreso than our own staff is! Lol. Not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing. Positions of need are dropping in daily and we just seem to be on the sidelines.

Like one poster said, I think Manny has Mario beat in this portal game. Would love to know how many portal guys Oregon took in the last few years. Maybe hes not use to the speed and complexity of which you have to move when dealing with portal kids? If we are honest here... Ladson, Parrish and the USC kid basically fell in his lap. They wanted to come home. Not a knock on Mario, but maybe hes just not up to speed with how recruiting portal kids is different then HS kids.

As for the Brini debate, I had no idea he was a 5th year Sr. Has it been that long since he left HS? Sheesh. I was about to agree with the poster that said if we took Parrish why not take Brini? Same scenario re position groups. But then saw Brini has one year left. So in that case, not sure I would take him unless he can absolutely help us at CB.

He may very well be behind Manny. Manny would miss on a lot of big targets out of HS, but could talk a sweet boo game in the offseason and relied heavily on the portal to fill holes.

Last year, Oregon had the #6 recruiting class in the country, do not believe they went into the portal at all. 2 years ago grabbed 3 portal guys, including Brown their starting QB, 3 years ago only one portal guy. Mario has not really had the need to rely on the portal like Manny because he had been hitting top 10 classes out of HS.

Mario will adjust. You rarely saw Bama dip into the portal years ago but now they are losing some solid depth to the portal and able to grab a top guy like ricks when you have coaching turnover etc.

The big portal guys are chasing bags it seems. Dudes are getting a mil to go to MAC SCHOOLS!!

Advertisement
I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but for people affected by this condition, your statement is very offensive. I’m sure you will just say “relax it’s just a message board” or something to that effect but your comment is just as offensive as if you were denigrating someone’s race, religion or sexuality.
But it’s ok when they harp on DBC? Right, that’s fine. Right?

Doubt that Mario is behind Manny in the portal game. It's the same support staff guys researching & digging through names. Comes down to roster management, needs and fit. Manny got an early jump, but obviously competition is greater now as every program is pulling from the portal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back