Transfer Portal watch

A lot of snaps.

If we use a striker, we are sneaky thin. Harrell, Dunson and Washington don't look promising. Balom has a neck injury, which is always dicey. Chase Smith should get moved to LB. Markeith Williams likely needs a year in the weight room.

We are looking at 1 striker (Frierson) and 3 safeties (Kinchens, JW, Avantae). That's not enough.
Glad its only January cuz yu act like all of guys yu mentioned can't get better or heal! numbers wise were good at safety and we might get of da striker position.

Advertisement
We’re fine with Chaney, Knighton, and Franklin.

Parrish is a good player, but we should use that spot on a position of need.

You need 5 RBs. They get hurt more than any other position, you need 2-3 a game, and Chaney is coming off a major injury.

IMO it's a position of need, I'd be surprised if we don't add at 1

Advertisement
Outside of a guy who was just dying to come back home (DT kid from USC), we are having a tough go at it in the portal and it has to be because of the lack of stability on the staff. We all know Mario can recruit so I refuse to believe its because kids arent buying what hes selling. Talking that talk only gets you so far when kids ask, "Yeah love you coach and Im very interested..but say..any idea on who the DC or OC will be? Thats kind of a big deal for me".....If we swing and miss on DJ James, the UAB kid and the OL from Vandy..this has to start being a concern. A serious concern.

Portal is a marathon, not a sprint. And we have 80 scholarships used right now, so we'll be at 85 likely just with HS recruits.

They have their targets sure, but they can miss on everyone right now and still add plenty of good transfers when the huge post-Spring portal wave hits and they know exactly what their numbers are.

Only like 30% of the players to enter the portal have found a new school anyways

Here is an article on Brini during the season. He lost playing time in the last couple games but had 11 starts:

I remember us recruiting him..I think he visited

Advertisement
Balom is in the mix if not for injury. But neck injuries scare me.

We could move Smith to striker but then we have an even bigger problem at LB.

Get the LBs then and move Smith. Or go for a pure safety with higher upside. Brini is not that dynamic.

We’re fine with Chaney, Knighton, and Franklin.

Parrish is a good player, but we should use that spot on a position of need.

Chaney is very good when healthy. He’s never healthy. Knighton is unbelievable but he’s undersized and with Mario wanting his OL to power through folks I’m sure he wants some
Power at RB. Franklin could be amazing but I couldn’t tell last year in the limited time.

Advertisement
You do realize, I live in Orlando. Windemere is right next to Universal Studios. It's not like we're talking about Mt. Dora. Although, if we really want to be analytical, his hometown is listed as Clermont.

Disirregardlessly, it's all still Orlando from a practical standpoint, and the kid picked UCF. I have no idea whether he is going to find an apartment on Alafaya or drive the East-West every morning from his parents' house.

He picked UCF and he's dead to me now.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 love everything about this post

I’d risk it at RB with the 4 we’ve got personally. We can always move Brashard there for reps if necessary. Use the petal for DE, MLB, CB, OL and WR.

We don't have 4 reliable options though. We actually have maybe one.

Knighton is a great athlete, but he just isn't going to pick up 3rd/4th and short. Franklin is a situational power back. Brown might be good in the future, but he's a backup until he develops more in the S&C program. And Chaney is coming off an ACL, usually takes RBs 2 years to fully recover from those.

So a transfer add seems like a must, plus Citizen too if he wants in

Advertisement
E9B07427-2F48-47AF-A4D8-6EF5E5ADA600.jpeg

Advertisement
Back