Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

The NCAA is in no hurry. But let one of the SEC schools call them and tell them they need more ICs. They will pass that rule faster than an SEC bag to a cornerback. NCAA doesn’t give a crap about the rest of the schools and certainly not the student athletes. Such a corrupt org.

True facts.

Advertisement
Quote from Mack Brown today, “If you sign a grad transfer. He counts towards your 85, but he does not count against your ’22 recruiting class. So he would be a one-year player who would come in and fills in with a need if you have some great young players but you don’t have an older guy in that group yet …"

So were currently 21signed, 2 transfers. So we would have two spots left.. but Johnson is a GT so there should be 3 spots left?

HE COUNTS AGAINST YOUR 2021 SIGNING CLASS.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Could we take another CB (portal) and have him count against the 2022?

Only if we do it EXACTLY like we did with Jarrid Williams (blueshirt).

No "recruitment" (easy enough with the Covid pandemic) AND the transfer candidate applies to UM, gets accepted, AND DOES NOT SIGN AN LOI UNTIL MID-AUGUST (first day after fall camp begins).

Has to enroll in summer session 2 or later to count towards the next year. (Which is late July I think)

I think they may do that with a LB if anything else

Fall. One day after fall camp begins, if you sign an unrecruited kid to an LOI, he can count towards the next cycle.

Summer 2 (2021) is the END of the 2021 recruiting cycle. "After" Fall 2021 "begins" is the beginning of the 2022 recruiting cycle (from an IC standpoint).

You can blueshirt one day after fall camp begins (which was delayed a bit in 2020 due to Covid).

Advertisement
Advertisement

I keep saying it, but I think it is going to be nearly impossible for F$U to get back to 85 scholarships for several years.

Unless the NCAA gives them 50 ICs this year.

Even then, they'll have to take so many transfers that they are going to need 35 ICs annually just to keep up.

The math is not in F$U's favor...

Advertisement
Back