Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

Your comments about weed suggest you haven't done research on it. To make asinine comments about it being a barrier to productivity shows you don't know what you are speaking on. Weeds influence on productivity is miniscule compared to that of alcohol yet that is legal so you may want to go check those facts. And I do not smoke weed myself but know a lot of people who do and are some of the most productive people around

I'm always going to vote "no" for recreational marijuana. Just because you know someone who functions well on it doesn't mean that's true for most people. I think the biggest problem with legalized recreational weed is that it seeps in to middle school and high schools. I grew up in Colorado. I've seen how it's transformed that state, and that's where I draw my opinion from. There are way too many kids getting weed now.

But look.... I respect that there are other opinions on this, and luckily for you, the wind seems to be blowing in your direction. I think in a decade, weed will be legal in all 50 states. And like I said before, if someone is following the law - even if I don't personally agree with that law - I still respect them. Just because I would personally never vote for it doesn't mean I don't respect those that do. It's just a difference of opinion.

Advertisement
I'm always going to vote "no" for recreational marijuana. Just because you know someone who functions well on it doesn't mean that's true for most people. I think the biggest problem with legalized recreational weed is that it seeps in to middle school and high schools. I grew up in Colorado. I've seen how it's transformed that state, and that's where I draw my opinion from. There are way too many kids getting weed now.

But look.... I respect that there are other opinions on this, and luckily for you, the wind seems to be blowing in your direction. I think in a decade, weed will be legal in all 50 states. And like I said before, if someone is following the law - even if I don't personally agree with that law - I still respect them. Just because I would personally never vote for it doesn't mean I don't respect those that do. It's just a difference of opinion.
Again I'm not a smoker nor do I partake in it but if alcohol is legal, and kids in middle school and high school can get that too, then weed should certainly be legal.

Again I'm not a smoker nor do I partake in it but if alcohol is legal, and kids in middle school and high school can get that too, then weed should certainly be legal.

Logical fact-based individuals know that alcohol causes more problems in our society (particularly in teens) than marijuana does, but the whole "Reefer Madness" crowd just needs to age out and die for these kinds of "pot saps motivation" hot takes to disappear.

This guy is trying to use "Colorado" to support his opinion, as if the legalization SUDDENLY created recreational marijuana use.

If we get who I think from an SEC school. Not sure how I feel because he’s not a starter....not saying he can’t play but the sample size is limited

Advertisement

That's a logical point, but I think it misses some context. Alcohol has been with us a lot longer, and society has had time to figure out how to deal with it.

In the 1800's, the average American drank about five gallons of pure alcohol per person, per year. Back then, kids bringing flasks to school WAS a problem. Today, that figure is about two gallons. So we've cut alcohol use down to less than half. And while underage drinking is still an issue, it's not as bad as it used to be. But to get from where we were then to where we are today, it was a long painful struggle with a lot of hard lessons learned. We had prohibition, the mafia, and years and years of public education.

We're basically in the same place with weed today as we were with alcohol in the 1800's. In the places its legal, people are using the **** out of it. Go to Colorado sometime. There are more weed dispensaries than McDonalds. There's one on literally every corner. It's gonna take us a long time to get to "normal."

By the way, just because kids in high school can get alcohol doesn't mean we should help them get weed too. Two wrongs don't make a right, or something like that.

Advertisement
I have a good buddy who does as well. Graduated in the same class. I don't think it should be legal because of the harm it does to productivity, but I don't write the laws. As long as it is legal, I don't fault anyone who plays by the rules as they're written.

And we both respect differences of opinion and don't take them personally.
You don’t think weed should be legal because of the harm it does to productivity? Care to explain?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Huh? How did he use your account? Like you shared it with him and he went nuts as Cajun Cane and Gru Ferman banned you?
Yea we were on a private board together and I wasn’t using my Canesport account but I’d already paid for the last couple months so I gave him my password.
I can’t even remember what he went off about,maybe he can,but he got into it with Gary or CDWright or somebody and Ferbag banned my ***...Imagine my surprise when I tried to go post...didn’t even make me mad cause I knew going in what was gonna happen.

But he had put me up to get on this private board so it didn’t matter.There's a bunch of us over here now cause that board has gone from the best to total sHT if it’s even around anymore.I deleted my account.

Franchise was part of the madness over there too...

It’s 2020, nobody forgets anything. People sit around waiting for somebody to do scything wrong or hypocritical then run to twitter to bash people. That’s why I stay away from that toxic ****. I don’t want clout so I stay in my little mini cesspool here.
And what a glorious cesspool full of whining a$$holes it is. But at least we are each others a$$holes lol

Advertisement
Back