Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

One of the dumbest tropes on is here that somebody is all set on moving somewhere, going to a school, ready to play for a coach but somebody said it online first and that kills everything.

Advertisement
One of the dumbest tropes on is here that somebody is all set on moving somewhere, going to a school, ready to play for a coach but somebody said it online first and that kills everything.
I agree but I do not think this is that. If the kid reached out and the school he is enrolled doesn't know, it is like shooting at an empty net for us, no one else is twisting his ear, the longer it goes and the more he gets convinced in his mind the better for us. If the school or people around him get wind, now they put the goalie in and try to save him. We might still score, but now we have an opp.

I agree but I do not think this is that. If the kid reached out and the school he is enrolled doesn't know, it is like shooting at an empty net for us, no one else is twisting his ear, the longer it goes and the more he gets convinced in his mind the better for us. If the school or people around him get wind, now they put the goalie in and try to save him. We might still score, but now we have an opp.
Don't NCAA rules require the portal for anyone wanting to transfer? Can a kid reach out around it? And if a kid is in it, won't his school know?

Advertisement
Don't NCAA rules require the portal for anyone wanting to transfer? Can a kid reach out around it? And if a kid is in it, won't his school know?
He’ll have to go through the portal. It’s just keeping it on the low until it happens.

So yes his school will find out eventually. He just wants to finish up on his own terms

Correct, but a lot of these things happen behind the scenes. take the gator for example. They spoke to lingard prior to him entering the portal, and Bowman the RB from clemson was in the portal for legit like a day before saying he was going to the gator. You think he made that choice in a single day? Nah he knew where he was going, put his name in the portal as a formality, and committed.

recruiting isn't just a high school game now. These coaches keep up with kids they like and if they are not happy, they poach. Or the other way around where a kid isnt happy and he reaches out to gauge interest before putting his name in. IF the kid puts his name in and has no takers, no guarantee his school lets him back, so makes sense to make sure you have a new home before moving out of your old one.

No and I’ll say yea that’s not how the game is played so I can agree maybe it is a white power symbol but I mean those black guys are doing it too in the bottom photo. I also don’t care what it means doesn’t bother me none. I symbol isn’t going to ruin my day just like a ✊🏿 Wouldn’t either

You do realize that multiple posters on this board have taken photos with Bobby Bowden where he is throwing up the U, right?

Besides, I was just joking around with Cribby in the first place. No big deal.

Advertisement
There’s another temple DE, think he was all conference, entering the portal. Read it in the Philly inky the other day. Wonder if there’s any interest in him.

No the dumb trope is that it's okay for the staff to have loose lips with supposedly sensitive information yet it's the imperative responsibility of civilians to protect the program and hermetically seal that information, speaking out vague nonsense in tongues.

No the dumb trope is that it's okay for the staff to have loose lips with supposedly sensitive information yet it's the imperative responsibility of civilians to protect the program and hermetically seal that information, speaking out vague nonsense in tongues.

I don't think anyone agrees with that first part of the sentence. I think the general consensus is that everyone should keep their **** mouths shut.

Correct, but a lot of these things happen behind the scenes. take the gator for example. They spoke to lingard prior to him entering the portal, and Bowman the RB from clemson was in the portal for legit like a day before saying he was going to the gator. You think he made that choice in a single day? Nah he knew where he was going, put his name in the portal as a formality, and committed.

recruiting isn't just a high school game now. These coaches keep up with kids they like and if they are not happy, they poach. Or the other way around where a kid isnt happy and he reaches out to gauge interest before putting his name in. IF the kid puts his name in and has no takers, no guarantee his school lets him back, so makes sense to make sure you have a new home before moving out of your old one.
just to be clear, isn’t it a tampering violation for a school to contact a student athlete from another school prior to that kid entering the portal?

Advertisement
There’s another temple DE, think he was all conference, entering the portal. Read it in the Philly inky the other day. Wonder if there’s any interest in him.
Unless he’s willing to wait until the counters increase then no. Even then.. do we need 2 from the portal? We have 1 lined up

Advertisement

Ahhhh, the story of my romantic approach wrapped up in recruiting innuendo.

just to be clear, isn’t it a tampering violation for a school to contact a student athlete from another school prior to that kid entering the portal?
To be clear, no one said that Staff reached out to a kid not in the portal. Kids thinking of leaving a school have friends on other teams they can talk to sooooo hypothetical questions can be asked I would assume.

Anytime some “insider” wants to break news that might cause an issue because this is a free board that a lot of people read.

lock it up wedding crashers GIF

Advertisement
Back