Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

I'm an AU grad and season ticket holder. I watch or either attend every single AU game. Has nothing to do with being a Miami fan. He had the one long run that should have been a td but he literally ran himself out of bounds. He looked good on the other carries. And then after that one game against the eventual National champions who btw won that National championship because of their offense and not their defense, he didn't pick up where he left off.

Again, I'm not losing any sleep over DJ Williams going to FSU. Tank came in and immediately showed what it really means to be considered a "scary" back. Am I saying Williams sucks? Nope. Has he shown some flashes at times? Sure, but I've never gotten "scary" from watching him play, and I've seen every single second that he logged at AU.
That's definitely how I view it.
Exactly my take. The dude quickly became RB3 once Bigsby ran away with the job. Even Shivers didn't play nearly as much, but still more than Williams. So, while he's an upgrade for Forfeit State, I'm not shaking in my boots over matching up with him either.

Advertisement
that’s what I was thinking...

since I have you quoted any chance we take a whack at either auburn Dline transfer? Specifically Big Cat?
If numbers increase. Until then I doubt it

I bet he has a school in mind already because he was in line for some significant PT

I would like nothing better than to see FSU struggle for the next decade. But the portal can turn a struggling program around quickly, as we ourselves experienced. I don't have any idea whether or not Norvell is top P5 coaching material. But he's not a fraud like Taggart was. He's a threat.

everyone they lost is better than who they replaced them with. Marvin Wilson is better than Keri Thomas, Woodbey and Asante are leaps and bounds better than the DBs they brought in, the RBs who left are better than DJ Williams. They have no WRs and their recruiting class was the worst one they’ve recruited in years. Only upgrade is the kid from UGA. They are gonna suck bro. Sorry about it.

Looks like John Dunmore is transferring to FAU as of 1/9. I was looking at the portal this morning to see who else may have popped up.

Advertisement
everyone they lost is better than who they replaced them with. Marvin Wilson is better than Keri Thomas, Woodbey and Asante are leaps and bounds better than the DBs they brought in, the RBs who left are better than DJ Williams. They have no WRs and their recruiting class was the worst one they’ve recruited in years. Only upgrade is the kid from UGA. They are gonna suck bro. Sorry about it.
Yes we’ve used the portal, outside of king and #30 name one transfer them came in first year snd was huge increase in what we lost or was a game changer!!! It takes time for players to come into a new system and really make a difference.

Advertisement
Oh ok. I live in Auburn.

I went up there 3 years ago with him to see Auburn play Ole Miss... had a great time

Also went with him to Atlanta when Auburn played Louisville... got to watch Lamar Jackson throw his first pass and get picked off lol..

Little did we know we were watching an eventual Heisman winner

I went up there 3 years ago with him to see Auburn play Ole Miss... had a great time

Also went with him to Atlanta when Auburn played Louisville... got to watch Lamar Jackson throw his first pass and get picked off lol..

Little did we know we were watching an eventual Heisman winner

Let me know if you ever come back in town. Would love to get together.

Advertisement
Yes we’ve used the portal, outside of king and #30 name one transfer them came in first year snd was huge increase in what we lost or was a game changer!!! It takes time for players to come into a new system and really make a difference.

KJ transferred in, immediately won the starting job, and caught 50 balls for 5 TDs (led the team in both stats)... and that was an allegedly over-complicated Penos system. If a talented kid comes in with a professional attitude (like King and KJ), it is possible they can contribute right away. It's happened with portal players, it's happened with JUCOs, and it occasionally even happens with TF (like Richards nearly going for 1k receiving as a TF).

That being said, Forfeit State is going to continue to suck next season. Cornroll came in hot and talking about changing the culture, then immediately got himself into trouble by lying to the media about purported BLM talks with his players. Once the games started, he was getting smashed up so bad they starting making up excuses to avoid playing anyone with a pulse. His best players bolted and they have all but abandoned South Florida recruiting. A handful of transfers won't solve any of that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back