Transfer portal watch thread!! (Versions 1.0 - 4.0 merged)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Olujari probably ends up at UGA with his older brother. Even if the older brother declares for the draft they will tell him he will be his replacement.

I saw Octavious Brothers is in the portal. I remember coaches chasing him late but he ended up going with Auburn.

Advertisement
He would be a starter here Day 1. If you think differently then you think to highly of our talented depth chart.
I didn't compare talent, I looked at the depth chart, as I suspect he would. I assume he is leaving as he wants more PT and doesn't like what is around him/in front of him at LSU (see Martell at OSU). If that is the goal you look for either a lack of depth or a guarantee at next landing spot. Maybe Manny guarantees him a starting spot, but I hope Manny has grown past those kind of deals. They tend to either bite you in the ***, if the kid can't play, or undermine your credibility as head coach, because word gets out.

Last edited:
I didn't compare talent, I looked at the depth chart, as I suspect he would. I assume he is leaving as he wants more PT and doesn't like what is around him/in front of him at LSU (see Martell at OSU). If that is the goal you look for either a lack of depth or a guarantee at next landing spot. Maybe Manny guarantees him a starting spot, but I hope Manny has grown past those kind of deals. They tend to either bite you in the ***, if the kid can't play, or undermine your credibility as head coach, because word gets out.
Didn’t Georgia promise Newman the qb job and now has a bit of a problem on their hands?

Advertisement
JT Daniels looks like the truth in that UGA offense. Carson Beck definitely might need to look for greener pastures if he wants to play asap.

Advertisement
problem seems to be solved. JT Daniels cleared and started for them the past two games. Question is will Carson Beck stick around
I think the problem is solved for this year, but it sounds like there is a perception about Kirby now. Nothing a bigger bag won’t fix, I’m sure.

I think the problem is solved for this year, but it sounds like there is a perception about Kirby now. Nothing a bigger bag won’t fix, I’m sure.
I wouldn't be so sure. Last game UGA threw the ball only 16 times. I can't see all these 4 & 5 * receivers staying if they know the opportunity to get the ball is so low. Kirby runs an outdated offense and unless the AD gets involved and forces Kirby's hand to adopt a modern offense you won't see them throwing the ball much unless they are down big and playing from behind.

I wouldn't be so sure. Last game UGA threw the ball only 16 times. I can't see all these 4 & 5 * receivers staying if they know the opportunity to get the ball is so low. Kirby runs an outdated offense and unless the AD gets involved and forces Kirby's hand to adopt a modern offense you won't see them throwing the ball much unless they are down big and playing from behind.
Oh, to be clear, I think the clock is ticking up here with him. But remember, he also changed OC after last season and brought in Monken. This is his third OC in five seasons. This is who he is. Saban adapted to the times and modernized his offense. Smart doesn't seem willing to. I meant more he first chased off Fields and then promised Newman the job, and reneged on that within weeks.

The blind and willful ignorance of some of these kids knows no bounds when it comes to the bags. However, if you look at this year's recruiting rankings, they are getting zero impact WRs.

As an aside, this article was from the Atlanta Journal Constitution yesterday, and sums it up well:

Advertisement
Back