Transfer Portal (U Only)

Advertisement
I know nothing about nothing. Was it a given he was gonna end up at a top school? I think hes a solid college wide out but nothing special.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I really thought there would be more portal entrants from the Miami side (Mike Redding, Chris Washington, Chase Smith to name a few).

Advertisement
Miami won a tight recruiting battle over Michigan back in high school but Acheampong said he never felt comfortable in South Florida.

“It was tough at Miami,” Acheampong said. “I was never healthy, I went there injured and then needed a second surgery in July.

“On top of that, the two coaches I was closest with during the recruiting process, Kevin Steele and Rod Wright left right when I got there. So I felt kind of alone and that’s another reason why I’m excited about UCLA. I’m going to be around a lot of people that I know really well and I know I’ll be taken care of.”

Advertisement
Miami won a tight recruiting battle over Michigan back in high school but Acheampong said he never felt comfortable in South Florida.

“It was tough at Miami,” Acheampong said. “I was never healthy, I went there injured and then needed a second surgery in July.

“On top of that, the two coaches I was closest with during the recruiting process, Kevin Steele and Rod Wright left right when I got there. So I felt kind of alone and that’s another reason why I’m excited about UCLA. I’m going to be around a lot of people that I know really well and I know I’ll be taken care of.”
I wish this kid the best. Had no idea how tough it was for him at UM.

I've always felt the program needs to do more to integrate OOS kids. All that effort to land and rehabilitate this kid and he transfers out. Feels like a failure point to me.

Advertisement
Back