Transfer Portal (U Only)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Well that was unexpected. Wasn't a world beater but was a solid contributor. Sad to see him go but hey it helps get us down to that scholly cap.

How? -1 RB +1 RB = 0. Unless you think we don't need a RB (which we absolutely need).

I'd argue we could've used another RB before Parrish entered the portal, but now it's a must have. Parrish gone, Fletcher injured (still no timetable on his return), Citizen a complete unknown after a pretty catastrophic injury/re-injury (wearing a giant knee brace... some insiders have opined he isn't looking himself yet), Allen was the 3rd/4th option most of the year (also out for spring), CJJ a RS FR who barely contributed last season (need to figure out how to utilize his speed), CWH a TF (unknown at this level), and Jordan Lyle hasn't stepped foot on campus.

You don't create scholarship space by having the guy who led your team in carries the past two years leave.

How? -1 RB +1 RB = 0. Unless you think we don't need a RB (which we absolutely need).

I'd argue we could've used another RB before Parrish entered the portal, but now it's a must have. Parrish gone, Fletcher injured (still no timetable on his return), Citizen a complete unknown after a pretty catastrophic injury/re-injury (wearing a giant knee brace... some insiders have opined he isn't looking himself yet), Allen was the 3rd/4th option most of the year (also out for spring), CJJ a RS FR who barely contributed last season (need to figure out how to utilize his speed), CWH a TF (unknown at this level), and Jordan Lyle hasn't stepped foot on campus.

You don't create scholarship space by having the guy who led your team in carries the past two years leave.
Was more so just speaking in terms of we have guys we are trying to bring in, but we will have to get rid of some to make room for them. Just counting this as one less guy in the total number as a cope for being unhappy we let him go lol

Well Mario did say he's on track to be full go by the start of fall practice. 🤷‍♂️

Was more so just speaking in terms of we have guys we are trying to bring in, but we will have to get rid of some to make room for them. Just counting this as one less guy in the total number as a cope for being unhappy we let him go lol

Now I just feel bad my post made you confront this sad reality all over again...

Advertisement
Well Mario did say he's on track to be full go by the start of fall practice. 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately, Mario's track record of being less than forthright with injury history gives me pause. Off the top of my head, Mario said similar things about Zion Nelson and Trevonte Citizen's imminent returns last year.

Unfortunately, Mario's track record of being less than forthright with injury history gives me pause. Off the top of my head, Mario said similar things about Zion Nelson and Trevonte Citizen's imminent returns last year.

Agree, add in Arroyo. Unfortunately there is no way we can rely on Mario's prognostications related to injury recover.

I have to believe we already have a good inbound RB in the back pocket, especially with Pate's cryptic message. If not, Parrish transferring will look like a disastrous outcome.

Agree, add in Arroyo. Unfortunately there is no way we can rely on Mario's prognostications related to injury recover.

I have to believe we already have a good inbound RB in the back pocket, especially with Pate's cryptic message. If not, Parrish transferring will look like a disastrous outcome.

I desperately hope you're right. It's a weird intersection of Mario's excellent recruiting versus his odd treatment of injuries. Hopefully the former wins out!

Advertisement

I’m with you guys. These injured players I basically consider them unavailable until they’re in a game

But when the staff has proclaimed they are hitting a position hard, they’ve delivered for the most part. So no reason for me to think we won’t bring in someone good here. Think people are too quick to assume it’s just some RB that’s buried on a depth chart somewhere. With the right amount of money and playing time and Mario’s desire not to lose on the trail, I am optimistic

Good point!

Advertisement
Back