Transfer Portal (U Only)

Advertisement
Anyone know if there is any "smoke" on Addison not popping up as enrolled this late?
1660323225443.png

On Dee Wiggins....

The University of Louisville football team has a bunch of new faces on the roster.

And one that has stood out so far in fall camp is wide receiver Dee Wiggins. The transfer from Miami was solid during spring ball but U of L head coach Scott Satterfield said he's turned some heads during the first week or so of fall camp.

The 6-foot-3, 195-pound Wiggins, according to Satterfield, had caught a couple of touchdown passes and had just one drop during the first seven practices.

"Wiggins has had a great camp for us," Satterfield said. "He had a really good summer, too. He's one of the more improved guys from the spring until now."

"I just think he lost confidence towards the end of his tenure there at Miami and it's kind of a new start," Satterfield said. "It's kind of a classic example where you get a new, fresh start. He's come in with a great attitude and really worked hard. I think he's had one drop in seven practices. He's caught several touchdowns. He's a really good deep threat for us this camp."

"I think he'll be one of those guys that can knock the top off, and that's one of the things we saw when he was at Miami, he caught some deep balls," Satterfield said. "He caught one against us down there in Miami, so he's done a really good job of understanding the offense since he's been here. He's got great length. He's a guy that right now is penciled in as a starter at the Z position for us. "

Advertisement
Mark Pope transferring again.

A bit late, not sure he'll be enrolled anywhere for the fall. Maybe a school on the quarters system. Today is last day to add classes at UM, and private schools tend to have a later date than state schools...

1661972533862.png

RB Maurice Edwards of Vanderbilt in the portal as of yesterday. Originally from Illinois, Class of 22 prospect. May be moot considering the addition of Stanley but I would have been interested given his frame and youth.

Advertisement
A bit late, not sure he'll be enrolled anywhere for the fall. Maybe a school on the quarters system. Today is last day to add classes at UM, and private schools tend to have a later date than state schools...

View attachment 206181
Do you think they get the message after multiple portals or do they keep dropping till they recognize they did nothing with there talent in training

Question;

If a player portals and no takers do we have to take them back?
Team's discretion, I believe as most scholarships are one year renewables.

I think the more interesting question is if a player portals, do we try to retain them.

Let's take a nightmare scenario. The day after a Pittsburgh loss where Miami manages 25 yards of offense. You click onto Canesinsights and learn that all the quarterbacks, all the wide receivers but Ladsen and Young, and all of the tight ends and running backs depart for the portal.

And then Crisotbal hires the most forward thinking, charismatic young offensive coordinator. With control. 24 hours later.

The player are still circulating in the portal. The new OC begins a big re-recruitment effort to get them to leave the portal.

Advertisement
Team's discretion, I believe as most scholarships are one year renewables.

I think the more interesting question is if a player portals, do we try to retain them.

Let's take a nightmare scenario. The day after a Pittsburgh loss where Miami manages 25 yards of offense. You click onto Canesinsights and learn that all the quarterbacks, all the wide receivers but Ladsen and Young, and all of the tight ends and running backs depart for the portal.

And then Crisotbal hires the most forward thinking, charismatic young offensive coordinator. With control. 24 hours later.

The player are still circulating in the portal. The new OC begins a big re-recruitment effort to get them to leave the portal.
If you announce and don't sign anywhere else and want to come back and your original team agrees then you can come back...

Advertisement
Other than this thread, is there somewhere to see a list of all the players in the portal? I know the official list is not public, but certainly someone has a "sauce" and posts a fairly comprehensive list of everyone's players....................

Other than this thread, is there somewhere to see a list of all the players in the portal? I know the official list is not public, but certainly someone has a "sauce" and posts a fairly comprehensive list of everyone's players....................

I'm not sure, but either way this may still be a bit premature. Technically, the portal isn't open yet so all of these kids are just declaring their intention to enter the portal. 12/5 is when it becomes official.

I just revisited this thread and saw the 2021 transfer outside. Larry Hodges sure got an upgrade transferring to MTSU and the beating Miami...A continued reminder if what an embarrassment this season was for our team.

Advertisement
Back