Transfer Portal (U Only)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Another non-shocker. I liked Dunson coming out. But that was a tough class for quality CBs in general. He had some great special teams play early on. But disappeared. Heard nothing about him all off-season and can't remember any flashes during the season. He's got some talent, maybe low P5, top P5 level. Good luck to the kid.

Advertisement
This one shocks be quite a bit actually. Tremendous young man and Canes family royalty. Wish him nothing but the best, but shocking for sure.
I think that this story would surprise me if it were not for Covid

For one, he played 5 years for UM. In any other era, he wouldn't have even been eligible for another year here. It is unique to this time frame that it is even an issue. One can make the argument that he went through his full career arc here.

More importantly, he had a rough go of it with Covid. You may recall that he got myocardia after contracting covid and had to sit out the remainder of 2020. Although he played in 2021, he was rarely seen in the beginning of the year before getting shut down. I don't think it was ever officially acknowledged but it seemed to be lingering issues from the same problem.

I remember ABJ being a really solid corner pre-covid. That episode seemed to really derail him. At the very least, it set him back for nearly 18 months. But honestly, I don't know if he has ever gotten back to his earlier capabilities. I don't know why that is and I should not speculate but it makes me sad for him.

ABJ will always be a true Cane to me. His family is Cane royalty and I loved having him here. I wish him nothing but the best in football and life.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back