Transfer portal question...

dade305cane

Recruit
Premium
Is there a limit to how many times a student can transfer? Say for example hypothetically speaking of course, Tate was cleared to play this year and was to lose out in the QB competition , could he transfer again?
Sorry if this has been asked but I have yet to see it asked so inquiry minds want to know.

Advertisement
There may not be a limit, but players eventually face this per NCAA:

"If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career."

Advertisement
There may not be a limit, but players eventually face this per NCAA:

"If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career."
OK, thank you for the clarification.

Advertisement
Back