Transfer Portal Exemptions

We can only get a REPLACEMENT IC (up to 7 max) for every kid who enters the portal AFTER DECEMBER 15TH.

So, as of the current moment, we have ONE replacement IC (Nesta Silvera).

EDIT: SORRY FOR BEING LATE TO THE PARTY.
So let’s say hypothetically we sign 15 highschool kids and we use our full 7 alotted transfer replacements, does that mean we signed 15 kids towards the 25 IC? If so, does that mean we get +10 IC for next year?

Advertisement
So let’s say hypothetically we sign 15 highschool kids and we use our full 7 alotted transfer replacements, does that mean we signed 15 kids towards the 25 IC? If so, does that mean we get +10 IC for next year?

Not sure yet. In all honesty, I believe the 7 extra will be for this year only UNLESS AND UNTIL the NCAA makes a new rule. Therefore, if you have 25 (and I believe we already used 3 under Manny, leaving us at 22), I think you would only get rollover on the number under 22, not the number under 29. The reason I believe this is that the rule for replacement ICs is CURRENTLY a one-year-only rule. If it gets revised to become semi-permanent, I could see carryovers happening.

Not sure yet. In all honesty, I believe the 7 extra will be for this year only UNLESS AND UNTIL the NCAA makes a new rule. Therefore, if you have 25 (and I believe we already used 3 under Manny, leaving us at 22), I think you would only get rollover on the number under 22, not the number under 29. The reason I believe this is that the rule for replacement ICs is CURRENTLY a one-year-only rule. If it gets revised to become semi-permanent, I could see carryovers happening.
Got it, thanks.

Not to split hairs, but I thought only 2 of last year's portal kids were blue shirted and counted against the 2022 class -- i.e., I thought we had 23 to hit the class cap. That would mean 23 + 7 = 30, not 22 + 7 = 30.

Either way, I highly doubt we'll use all these counters. Lots of room. Just find the right guys and no more obvious JAGs.

Advertisement
Not to split hairs, but I thought only 2 of last year's portal kids were blue shirted and counted against the 2022 class -- i.e., I thought we had 23 to hit the class cap. That would mean 23 + 7 = 30, not 22 + 7 = 30.

Either way, I highly doubt we'll use all these counters. Lots of room. Just find the right guys and no more obvious JAGs.

Late RB, Late OL, Late Punter.

Actually, the most interesting question would be rollovers.

For instance, we have 22 regular and 7 replacement ICs...let's say we sign 22 guys...how do you treat the 7 replacement ICs? Do you use those "first", and then carry over the extra 7 "regular"? Because I never heard that the Replacement ICs could be carried forward.

Just spitballing until I can read the rules more closely.
I'd assume the NCAA will require documentation showing the IC replacement. Thus, if Miami documents 7 departures with 7 replacements the old IC rule of rolling forward would work for Jan '23 enrollees.

I'd assume the NCAA will require documentation showing the IC replacement. Thus, if Miami documents 7 departures with 7 replacements the old IC rule of rolling forward would work for Jan '23 enrollees.

Again, that is a possibility. Just not so sure yet.

Would love to see Mario take 29 (assuming 6 more post-12/15 portal departures), even if some of the Portal kids are JAGs.

A 1-year rental JAG doesn't hurt us as much as a 5-year HS JAG does. We need depth.

1641862730084.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back