Transfer Georgia Forward Toumani Camara Interested in Miami

Advertisement
Believe Lecomte left the year Angel was going to be eligible to play so was definitely playing time/role related. Ended up taking his game to another level at Baylor so doubt there are any hard feelings

Believe Lecomte left the year Angel was going to be eligible to play so was definitely playing time/role related. Ended up taking his game to another level at Baylor so doubt there are any hard feelings
Manu left because Corch L wanted him to play off the ball. Lecomte felt more comfortable playing the point, so decided to transfer to a school where he'd be playing on the ball.

Manu left because Corch L wanted him to play off the ball. Lecomte felt more comfortable playing the point, so decided to transfer to a school where he'd be playing on the ball.
My god if this is true... how in the **** can you look at lecomtes game and think he is better served off the ball? Was L saying that due to our personnel or really believe that he was better served off the ball LOL

My god if this is true... how in the **** can you look at lecomtes game and think he is better served off the ball? Was L saying that due to our personnel or really believe that he was better served off the ball LOL
In fairness to Larranaga, I believe he just envisioned Angel playing on the ball and thought if Manu were to get PT it'd have to be playing the 2. I can't imagine Corch L truly thinking that Manu was at his best playing off the ball.

Advertisement
In fairness to Larranaga, I believe he just envisioned Angel playing on the ball and thought if Manu were to get PT it'd have to be playing the 2. I can't imagine Corch L truly thinking that Manu was at his best playing off the ball.
Angel was the better player and Lecomte's only opportunity to play significant minutes would have been off the ball.

Angel was the better player and Lecomte's only opportunity to play significant minutes would have been off the ball.

You forgot that Quan Newton was in that mix. What L wanted to do was redshirt Manu, because Newton had a well defined role as instant O off the bench, and then team Manu and Newton together as a two headed PG monster once Angel graduated. Manu wasn't about that so he transferred. What's funny is that later on, Manu ADMITTED that he needed a year to get stronger, because he was super scrawny when he first came to the states.

Palmer was another guy that got lost in the shuffle and wasn't interested in redshirting. Reed was a complete player, and he was going to get minutes regardless(Palmer was bad defensively) You had McClellan, who was a **** stud. Palmer was the odd man out. Had Palmer and Manu stayed, Miami would have most likely had another deep NCAAT run or two as they developed. Then again, Miami kept making NCAAT appearances after they left, so it wasn't like the cupboard was bare.

Him and Palmer were both All Big 10 there. Those 2 stay and you are looking at Final Four caliber guards

For the record, Palmer wasn't very good. Had good counting stats, but horrible efficiency numbers. Basically, he was volume scorer on a couple meh Nebraska teams.

He might have been a useful piece had he stayed, but losing him didn't kill us by any stretch.

Advertisement

Coming to Miami...

I Wish Good Luck GIF by Apartment Guide

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back