Transfer Georgia Forward Toumani Camara Interested in Miami

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Screenshot_20210402-131357_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
If we land him it gives us decent versatility in the frontcourt with him, Walker, and Sam. Still would need one other big, that's not enough depth.

Advertisement
For a last place team, there probably has never been a better time (1000+ in the Portal?) to rebuild quickly. It's very hard to imagine but ... if the chips somehow fall our way with a half dozen solid xfers, Coach L might yet come out of this in decent shape. This is definitely the off-season to improve/retool a roster, nothing ever before like it.

For a last place team, there probably has never been a better time (1000+ in the Portal?) to rebuild quickly. It's very hard to imagine but ... if the chips somehow fall our way with a half dozen solid xfers, Coach L might yet come out of this in decent shape. This is definitely the off-season to improve/retool a roster, nothing ever before like it.
This is no sustainable way to build a roster

Problem is, how many transfers worth a **** will want to play for a last place team that is coming off 3 straight losing seasons?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I didn't see any of their games, but I've seen a bit of his highlights and he looks like a stretch 4 who rebounds well and does most of his scoring inside.

He's a horrible 3 point shooter though. As I said in the other thread, we already have two 4s. Maybe they'll play him on the wing, or Sam at the 5. Neither one seems ideal though.

Advertisement
I think former Cane Manu Laconte will play a big role in whether Camara comes to Miami or not. Both being from Belgium, Laconte has taken somewhat of a big brother role with Camara. I hope the UM-Laconte split was mutual and on good terms, because if not I'm afraid Camara won't be coming here.

I think former Cane Manu Laconte will play a big role in whether Camara comes to Miami or not. Both being from Belgium, Laconte has taken somewhat of a big brother role with Camara. I hope the UM-Laconte split was mutual and on good terms, because if not I'm afraid Camara won't be coming here.
Loved lecomtes game. I understand why he left, but he was very solid for us while here... and then at Baylor right?

Manu Lacomte definitely made a name for himself at Baylor and is still a fan favorite. He played his first 2 years here at Miami and his last 2 with Baylor. He was good here, but really took it to another level at Baylor. Won Big12 newcomer of the year award and 3rd team all-conference his first year there. Then made the 2nd team all-conference the following year averaging about 16ppg. Led Baylor to some big Ws while he was there.

Manu Lacomte definitely made a name for himself at Baylor and is still a fan favorite. He played his first 2 years here at Miami and his last 2 with Baylor. He was good here, but really took it to another level at Baylor. Won Big12 newcomer of the year award and 3rd team all-conference his first year there. Then made the 2nd team all-conference the following year averaging about 16ppg. Led Baylor to some big Ws while he was there.
Makes you wonder what he could’ve done here had he stuck it out

Advertisement
Back