Transfer back?

Advertisement

I would say this is a great pick up if indeed true. Helps with practice reps, and is a kid with playing experience, older, and doesnt scare away recruits or current players. Hes from SW FLA so coming home (Fort Myers).

If he can get carries in Bethune and Southern Miss allowing guys to sit out and heal up he has done his job.

He scored a touchdown against Louisiana tech? Sheesh our whole team was unable to do that not too long ago

Well Grad Transfer and Walk on but not sure on enrollment deadlines
Pretty sure since he is a Grad Transfer that he can play immediately as long as he enrolls in classes before the deadline which looks like it is 8/31:

1661790476583.png

Advertisement
I didn't realize players could transfer this late. I thought there was a deadline to enter the transfer portal that was set around May. Is it ok because he already graduated?

I believe it's because he is a grad transfer so portal deadline doesn't apply and most still can apply for waiver as well

I believe it's because he is a grad transfer so portal deadline doesn't apply and most still can apply for waiver as well
I think it was more of an issue of getting enrolled before the semester starts but it looks like that’s not going to be a problem.

Grad transfer eligible immediately. Has a little burst and can catch the ball. Plenty of experience. Nice emergency/scout team back. But let's be honest if we're relying on a UAB 3rd stringer for significant carries we're in trouble.

Advertisement
Grad transfer eligible immediately. Has a little burst and can catch the ball. Plenty of experience. Nice emergency/scout team back. But let's be honest if we're relying on a UAB 3rd stringer for significant carries we're in trouble.
He has no burst, short yardage back at best

Advertisement
I have no idea on this guy's financial background, but I assume there is nothing stopping us from giving him (or future players) a NIL deal that covers the cost of attending Miami and therefore a defacto scholarship w/o actually counting against the limit? Would be a nice tool considering Miami's cost of attending is higher than a lot of public schools.

Looks like BYU is one step ahead of me...

While some felt the NCAA's rule of allowing athletes to profit from their name, image and likeness (NIL) would create chaos, it is proving to be a positive change for athletes at Brigham Young University.

On Thursday, Built Brands—a company that produces protein, protein bars and energy products—announced a multi-year NIL agreement that will include compensation to all 123 members of the Cougars' football team as well as provide full tuition for walk-on players.

On a side note, those Built protein bars are awful

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back