Transfer arguments on Bleacher Report

Advertisement
I told you guys that the SEC would try to kill this.

The entire SEC possesses a severely ingrained "plantation owner" mentality. These "players play for the good of 'mama' " (i.e. Alabama).

The portal negates the Foundation and they will kill it within two years. Hopefully, we do not need it anymore...

On a societal basis, the Portal gives kids a great chance to earn sizable income. A second string at Bama (the KKK) can go start somewhere else and earn a much better draft position.

Advertisement

The entire SEC possesses a severely ingrained "plantation owner" mentality. These "players play for the good of 'mama' " (i.e. Alabama).

The portal negates the Foundation and they will kill it within two years. Hopefully, we do not need it anymore...

On a societal basis, the Portal gives kids a great chance to earn sizable income. A second string at Bama (the KKK) can go start somewhere else and earn a much better draft position.

It's the cotton pickers fault, they can pick cotton wherever they want...don't be mad at the plantation owner. IJS.

I don't get the whole "players should stay committed to their school" argument. When a high school kid signs a letter of intent, he's not signing a four year contract with a university. Scholarships are renewed annually, meaning your free ride is only guaranteed until the end of this school year. Why should you be forced to stick it out when the university isn't forced to keep you on scholarship?

Advertisement
I don't get the whole "players should stay committed to their school" argument. When a high school kid signs a letter of intent, he's not signing a four year contract with a university. Scholarships are renewed annually, meaning your free ride is only guaranteed until the end of this school year. Why should you be forced to stick it out when the university isn't forced to keep you on scholarship?
Because a free education is not free. Just like academic scholarships are not eternal. If you don't perform up to expectations, why should your scholarship (athletic or academic) be renewed?

It's a slippery slope. At best, the game we love will never be the same.. and that's ok.

Advertisement
Because a free education is not free. Just like academic scholarships are not eternal. If you don't perform up to expectations, why should your scholarship (athletic or academic) be renewed?

Why should you be forced to stay at a school? You can't have both. Either schools should be forced to honor the entire scholarship or kids should be free to transfer. You're saying it's OK for a school to drop a scholarship if the player doesn't meet expectations but it's not OK for a player to transfer to a different school if the school doesn't meet his expectations? There's no restrictions on transferring for academic reasons, why only for athletic?

The irony of it is Mizzou's coach is ****ed at the other $EC coaches trying to recruit his senior players if they get a bowl ban. Yeah they'll ***** and moan if they lose good players but if they can get a few they're all for it. The quicker the $EC hierarchy dies the better for the sport.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back