Trajan Bandy...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami always lets former players come back for their degrees.

What was stupid is the dude could have had a quality MBA and made way, way more with that than playing football.

I know that but how many really do? It's tough to have to put food on the table and then make time to finish up school.

Deep thoughts
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Advertisement
In the past 15 years or so Miami notoriously have had players leave the program for the NFL that had no business leaving early only to get drafted late in the draft or become an undrafted free agent. More often then not if they would have stayed and developed more they more than likely would have been drafted earlier and had a longer NFL career. It’s not guaranteed but it really seemed they would have benefited from another year in college. I understand why they do because a lot of college players may come from a poor upbringing or have kids and need to support their families so they felt they needed to make money quickly. It’s a double edge sword. Hopefully with the NIL coming into play we can reverse the trend. There will still be studs that leave early because they won’t have anything to prove but hopefully the NIL money will convince kids like Bandy to stay to improve their draft stock while being able to provide for their families. Either way I will ALWAYS support any player that chose to come to Miami and represent the U. Bandy was one of my favorite players in the last 5 years or so. He had that dog in him and played with passion and represented the U nicely!!!

I know that but how many really do? It's tough to have to put food on the table and then make time to finish up school.

Yeah well that's up to him. I read it different than you intended but the only reason he can't come back and finish his degree is the same as why he didn't get it in the first place -- he wants instant gratification and is too lazy to do the work that will actually help him.

Maybe he'll get lucky, make enough to live off for a little bit then get his degree, but clearly he's not an NFL guy for the long term.

Amazing to me that anyone would turn down a free Master's degree for a chance at a job that pays an average of $3 million over a career which is extremely skewed to the few players who actually make it.

MBA would probably have him making at least $60K a year right out of college with no prior work experience, and he still could have tested the league. It's ludicrous.

Yeah well that's up to him. I read it different than you intended but the only reason he can't come back and finish his degree is the same as why he didn't get it in the first place -- he wants instant gratification and is too lazy to do the work that will actually help him.

Maybe he'll get lucky, make enough to live off for a little bit then get his degree, but clearly he's not an NFL guy for the long term.

Amazing to me that anyone would turn down a free Master's degree for a chance at a job that pays an average of $3 million over a career which is extremely skewed to the few players who actually make it.

MBA would probably have him making at least $60K a year right out of college with no prior work experience, and he still could have tested the league. It's ludicrous.

this.

the NFL doesn't have an expiration date.

Advertisement
Back