Trajan Bandy....WTF is wrong with these Miami kids???

Advertisement
It is sad how many leave programs and dont have any one advising them, good luck to him, but my guess will be he is in CFL or XFL which is good money but not life altering money

**** I say this imagine if your son was playing at the U and u lived n section 8 or the FAM was just making it check to check. Would you let him go pro or stay another yr in a ****** offense and ****tt def where u know u not going to playoffs or acc ****le
In his case I'd have him stay. If he has another year like last year he's definitely get drafted. After this year, it's not a sure thing.

Advertisement
Bandy had his one, brief shining moment against Notre Dame. Since then, it’s been...meh. Bad coaching really. I think the kid is capable. But no way he should enter the draft.
In what world does a pick 6 define what a good CB is supposed to be doing?

Brief shining moment my ***.

This is just ignorance at its finest, the average nfl career is about three years. Even if they do make it to the game the money is temporary. With a degree and an education you can take care of yourself long term. Maybe as an educator I have a biased opinion, but I used to be a chef and going back to school to finish my degree opened so many doors for me.

Bandy can come back and get his degree for free as well, so you've literally made no point here

Bandy for the draft....???!!! SERIOUSLY??

WTF did this kid do this year to make him think he's going to get drafted??

Yes i know his family is needing money...

But he didn't do **** this year to prove he can be a pro...

It's been a yearly epidemic for at 10+ years that Miami kids are leaving WELL BEFORE they prove a **** thing about having NFL level skills...

Man there are some bad influences on these Miami kids...

I blame Drew Rosenhaus and his type of leeches...
He talked too **** much during the bowl game.

This is just ignorance at its finest, the average nfl career is about three years. Even if they do make it to the game the money is temporary. With a degree and an education you can take care of yourself long term. Maybe as an educator I have a biased opinion, but I used to be a chef and going back to school to finish my degree opened so many doors for me.
If that’s your argument, the he’s been here for 3 years. UM as well as other D1 programs allow student athletes to return to school for free if they are close to graduating. He still has the opportunity of earning his degree. I don’t think anyone on the team should leave early but some players just want to be on the roster for 3 years and are fine with making a minimum salary in addition qualifying for the pension. There aren’t too many jobs that would pay you 500k coming straight out of college as a 21 to 23 year old either. If he only does 1 season of that, it can be resourceful and help him with other endeavors.

Advertisement
Bandy could easily play Nickel if he adds 10 lbs to his frame....his stock at Miami is prolly maxed imo cuz Williams and Couch are probably better athletes ready to take the next step..

Just curious on the stats. % of Miami undergrads that declare and dont get drafted vs the rest of the country. I have to think its high. Last year 132 undergrads declared and 44 went undrafted. Thats scary to think what people are telling kids.

If that’s your argument, the he’s been here for 3 years. UM as well as other D1 programs allow student athletes to return to school for free if they are close to graduating. He still has the opportunity of earning his degree. I don’t think anyone on the team should leave early but some players just want to be on the roster for 3 years and are fine with making a minimum salary in addition qualifying for the pension. There aren’t too many jobs that would pay you 500k coming straight out of college as a 21 to 23 year old either. If he only does 1 season of that, it can be resourceful and help him with other endeavors.
They can totally go back to school, doesn’t mean he will. Professional athletes aren’t always synonymous with making smart choices.

**** I say this imagine if your son was playing at the U and u lived n section 8 or the FAM was just making it check to check. Would you let him go pro or stay another yr in a ****** offense and ****tt def where u know u not going to playoffs or acc ****le
I’m tryna figure out how the D has been “******” that’s neither here nor there tho..as far as bandy..I understand why he leaving..I get that pressure..but I’d implore my child, who will not get drafted, to get his degree because a year later the NFL will still be ther

Advertisement
It would be interesting to see of UM undergrads who declared early (recent history) how many have returned to finish there degree.

Yearby, Streeter, Fortson, Walton, etc...

Miami let's kids come back and finish for free.

Not many do though I would bet a large amount of money on. Surely not those who didn't make money in the NFL as it's a pain in the *** to hold down a job, make money to live on, and go to school.

Let's be honest about that degree though. Most aren't professional degrees in fields they'll use. Last I saw, the most popular degree was liberal arts. Good luck with that in life.

As for citing financial reasons, that's bull**** as well. Life is tough, not going to pretend it isn't, but going undrafted (which he will) isn't going to change that. This will be seen as a dumb decision on his part by anyone who even gives him a look.

Those who say, he wants to leave the **** show, that's just an agenda talking. The defense wasn't a **** show, think it would matter if GR was leaving early next year what our win / loss record is? He would've had a chance to improve his stock by coming back on a fairly decent defense.

I just look at some of these decisions and think, is this real life. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that those who leave see the writing on the wall though. They know that payday in the NFL is a pipedream and there's mouths to be fed. This is as good as it gets and it's time to sack up and get on with making whatever money they can instead of playing a game. They know their degree won't matter either, they made the wrong call there as well.

Good luck either way. I'll always enjoy that moment against ND and buy all the rounds you want if we ever meet up. Just sad to see someone give up the dream when there's one year left to still try and make it happen. Life is about time, you just gave up your last chance.

Advertisement
Bandy for the draft....???!!! SERIOUSLY??

WTF did this kid do this year to make him think he's going to get drafted??

Yes i know his family is needing money...

But he didn't do **** this year to prove he can be a pro...

It's been a yearly epidemic for at 10+ years that Miami kids are leaving WELL BEFORE they prove a **** thing about having NFL level skills...

Man there are some bad influences on these Miami kids...

I blame Drew Rosenhaus and his type of leeches...
Answer is

He knows it will get worse and he's leaving quickly while he can

Go get that money trajan

One is not necessarily conducive to the other. If you stay and ball out, regardless of the overall “team” statistics, the NFL will find you. They find kids at lower schools all the **** time. Now, if you think a quick check is going to change you and your family’s fortunes for years to come then there must be a **** good financial planner in the family. Bandy needed to stay to improve his stock - he’s at best a nickel corner in the NFL. At worst he’s another example of a kid leaving Miami early and ending up as a UDFA, hopping from practice squad to practice squad trying to make a check. How’s that making the situation any better?

They can totally go back to school, doesn’t mean he will. Professional athletes aren’t always synonymous with making smart choices.
That’s people in general. There’s students at UM that aren’t going to classes and will flunk out. They can go back or even avoid doing so but it doesn’t mean they’ll do so. It’s his choice, but if our major argument is for him to stay in get the degree then that’s something he could always do. Chad Wilson returned to school about 5 or 6 years ago to complete his degree and he played in the 90’s.

Advertisement
Back