Tracy Rocker DL Coach

Was really hoping we could get him after Richt was let go.

Having Richt as HC should make him an easier get.

Advertisement
Great player. I was only vaguely aware he became a coach. During that late '80s era I remember several Las Vegas friends trying to claim that Rocker was the equal of the Canes monsters on the defensive front. No, he wasn't. Same disruptive style but not as talented. He'd sometimes crash the backfield and miss, not quite agile enough.

If he coaches the same style he applied on the field, I'm all for it. Burn that passive tape. All 500 samples. I want to be able to watch defensive tackles again on every snap all season. And not for the levity of Michael Wyche on the tippy toe pass rush. Although that still busts me up. We are only weeks away from the one year anniversary.
Love those old Cane dl's but Rocker is the only player in SEC history to win the Lombardi and Outland Trophy in the same year...

Advertisement
Remember him as Titans DL coach, hard to say how much he was apart of Jurrell Casey's development but Rocker was coaching under the worst DC in the NFL in Jerry Gray.

Last edited:
Tracy Rocker, one of the state of Georgia's greatest college football players of all time, was named defensive line coach at the University of Georgia on January 28, 2014.
Rocker came to UGA after three years as defensive line coach with the NFL's Tennessee Titans. Rocker is a former Auburn All-America defensive lineman, 1988 Outland and Lombardi Award winner, and was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2004

I can work with this. Finally some guys who have a resume.

Advertisement
This would be a great first piece to the new staff. Great recruiter and I think he's a very good coach. He has developed some great collegiate (and into professional) football players and has often had a very strong unit.

We'll see how quick some of these underperforming former five-star and four-star players were hampered by scheme/coaching really quick. Rocker is a real coach that will get results.

I remember when he was at Auburn - quite the force...

His resume looks good....

Solid SEC and NFL experience coaching the DL...

hearing he's in per my sauce. He got that southern drawl mane:

[video=youtube;q0EzUdPROqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0EzUdPROqs[/video]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rocker would be an absolute home run hire. Rumor had it that Auburn was going to make a run at him and move Rodney garner to TE.

Advertisement
Back