Tracy Rocker DL Coach

hearing he's in per my sauce. He got that southern drawl mane:

[video=youtube;q0EzUdPROqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0EzUdPROqs[/video]

I will hunt you down if this is a troll. The dude is a croot whisperer

Advertisement
Any of those DL we always seem to strike out on smart enough to come to Miami if Rocker comes over will be 1st round picks in 3-4 years.

Advertisement
Great player. I was only vaguely aware he became a coach. During that late '80s era I remember several Las Vegas friends trying to claim that Rocker was the equal of the Canes monsters on the defensive front. No, he wasn't. Same disruptive style but not as talented. He'd sometimes crash the backfield and miss, not quite agile enough.

If he coaches the same style he applied on the field, I'm all for it. Burn that passive tape. All 500 samples. I want to be able to watch defensive tackles again on every snap all season. And not for the levity of Michael Wyche on the tippy toe pass rush. Although that still busts me up. We are only weeks away from the one year anniversary.

I know nothing about him but that video tells me he is a southern savage

Excited

Advertisement
mexican-coach-animated.gif

If this is true then I'm full chub right now. I was hopping he was one of the coaches to come from Georgia. Please bring Bryan McClendon next PLEASEEEE.

Those two would coach up the sh** out of their positions plus be some of the top recruiters in the ACC. MOAR!!!!

He's no Jethro (wait for it...............LOL )but I guess he'd do.

Advertisement
I have a hunch (just thinking out loud) that if Rocker comes, Richt will try to bring in Lilly and McClendon as well. Might get outbid, but that's the core of Richt's recruiting staff at UGA and they would KILL it here.

Advertisement
I would be excited in the pantalones if we brought this MAN in. One quick way to tighten up that DL play that has been killing us.

Bio:

GEORGIADOGS.COM - Tracy Rocker Bio - University of Georgia Official Athletic Site

Tracy Rocker, one of the state of Georgia's greatest college football players of all time, was named defensive line coach at the University of Georgia on January 28, 2014.
Rocker came to UGA after three years as defensive line coach with the NFL's Tennessee Titans. Rocker is a former Auburn All-America defensive lineman, 1988 Outland and Lombardi Award winner, and was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2004.

Rocker coached three years with the Titans (2011, '12, '13). In 2012, the Titans ranked 10th in the NFL in sacks (39). In his first season with the Titans, DT Karl Klug led all NFL rookie defensive tackles with seven sacks, a total that led the Titans and also ranked fourth among all NFL defensive tackles.

A 17-year veteran of college coaching, Rocker spent time with five programs and helped a number of players reach All-American honors.

He joined the Titans after spending two seasons (2009-10) at Auburn as the defensive line coach. As a coach, he helped develop Nick Fairley into the Lombardi Award winner (given to the NCAA's best defensive lineman or linebacker) and an AP All-American as a part of Auburn's 2010 national championship winning team. In 2009, he coached Antonio Coleman, who led the SEC in tackles for loss (16.5) and sacks (10.0).

Before his two-year stint at Auburn, Rocker spent one year at Ole Miss (2008) and mentored Greg Hardy (8.5 sacks) and Peria Jerry. The Rebel defense led the SEC and finished fourth in the country with 39 sacks.

Rocker worked five seasons (2003-07) at Arkansas during which time Jamaal Anderson earned a first-round selection in the 2007 NFL Draft after a 14-sack season as a senior. The 2005 Razorback unit ranked second in the SEC in sacks with 29 and was fourth in rushing defense.

Rocker spent one season with the University of Cincinnati in 2002 and helped them capture the Conference USA title. In 1997, he took over the defensive line at Troy, where he would spend five seasons. In his time working with the Trojans, DeMarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora were under his coaching. Rocker broke into the college coaching ranks at West Alabama from 1994-96 as the defensive line coach. He began his coaching career as the defensive coordinator at Auburn (Ala.) High School for one season.

As a player, Rocker was a two-time All American at Auburn and the 1988 Outland (best offensive or defensive lineman) and Lombardi Trophy winner. He was the first SEC player to earn both awards. He was named SEC Player of the Year following his senior season (1988). Rocker was inducted into the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame in 2005.

Rocker was a third-round pick by the Washington Redskins in the 1989 NFL Draft and played two seasons before suffering a knee injury. He concluded his career by playing one year for the Orlando Thunder of the World Football League. As a coach, Rocker spent two summers working with NFL teams (Indianapolis, 2001; Tampa Bay, 2006) as a part of the NFL's Minority Internship Program.

A native of Atlanta, Ga., Rocker and his wife Lalitha have a son, Kumar.

:U5PyXda::U5PyXda::U5PyXda::U5PyXda::U5PyXda::U5PyXda:

Wow. A former all conference and all pro Dlinemen coaching................D Line??? What a concept

Advertisement
Back