Tracy Howard Interview on Time at Miami

Did you realize every team we sneeze we get a PI

Teams could rape Sebastian after scoring a TD throw down a U and no flag would be thrown
I agree with your statement but there's a difference in what I'm saying. For example, Howard breaking up a pass and clapping at a WR is not the same as us getting our butts kicked and Nesta pushing a QBs head down to the ground and then standing over him talking ish on 3rd down. There's an "ok" time and there's a bad time.

Advertisement
The idea that players were nonchalant about losing is hardly limited to Miami. Despite what fans want to believe most of these kids’ lives don’t 100% revolve around football. Kids at the top programs may be more affected by losses because they’re rare so it hurts a lot more. When you’re at a program that’s not winning at a really high level, you tend to care less and less about losing the more it happens. It’s human nature. I mean could you imagine if the kids at Akron got emotionally crushed every time they lost? The whole program would be on suicide watch.
Facts

Scheme didn't help him but he wasn't great he had everything for an elite db but he had one weakness and the major one....speed. it's why a guy like Bush can bs his way to the league he's athletic and can play fast.

He got nfl coaching and still was slow that was never getting fixed. The scheme her didn't help him either

Advertisement
So let me address this, as I already knew u were going to say this. I was initially going to bring up this point & said, nah...I’ll wait for this line of reason to be used in response. Lol

So let’s be very clear; if U’re not drafted by a NFL team, u already have a huge hurdle ahead of you. It’s already a hurdle as a late draft pick, but it’s an extreme hurdle as a UDFA (hence, the % of those guys making it on a team & sticking on the team is extremely low).

Here’s why; the NFL is a NOW league. They are not a developmental league; that’s what CFB is for. Typically the guys who are UDFA who make it & stay on a NFL roster come from either mid major schools, HBCUs or D-1AA. Why? B/c those players don’t get the exposure that ur P5 schools do (w/ exception to their QBs, and that’s only one or two guys from the entire group who gets recognition per yr). So those guys r not getting drafted, not b/c they can’t play, as opposed to being overlooked.

However, if u r a UDFA from a P5 school, the likelihood of staying on a NFL roster is slim to none. U are already behind the 8 ball, as drafted players r going get first priority. 2nd, if u received **** poor coaching on the collegiate level, they r not going to have time for you to wait & develop, not when u have no guaranteed $$ from them. So their investment in u is minimal. Using The NFL as a means to judge why Howard wouldn’t have done well at another collegiate program is extremely disingenuous.

Then again a good/great player can overcome ****** coaching

Burns was coached by the same guys and got drafted 1st round because he was an athlete and Tracy simply wasn’t

Then again a good/great player can overcome ****** coaching

Burns was coached by the same guys and got drafted 1st round because he was an athlete and Tracy simply wasn’t

U’re absolutely right; Artie was an athlete & was drafted in the 1st round b/c he was a sub 4.5 guy w/ nice length. He also had a stellar Jr season, w/ 6 ints.

Regardless, that’s not the point. If Artie is an athlete, & has the speed to play off a man, good for him. Maybe, just maybe he was a great fit for what D’No wanted to run. However, if Tracy’s strength is B&R, freelancing based up film study (see his Sophomore yr), and that’s taken away from him, then guess what? He wasn’t a fit here.

Do u know y Artie keeps getting a shot on a NFL team? B/c he’s a 1st round pick, meaning he’s labeled as a potential player. Teams will continue to take a flyer on him for a couple more yrs til his “potential” label becomes bust. Tracy was a UDFA; no UDFA gets a “potential” label unless they break through.

There’s a great research paper on this; it’s called “Going Undrafted” by Trey Smith. The UDFA that most likely survives after the first 3 yrs are K, P, & DLmen.

So again, I agree w/ u on Artie...Artie’s ability was a good fit for what D’No’s broken system accomplished. Tracy’s ability was not a good fit; hence he was punished for trying to do things his way, and was considered a free lancer. Artie = Round Peg/Round Hole ; Tracy = Square Peg/Round Hole

Last edited:
U’re absolutely right; Artie was an athlete & was drafted in the 1st round b/c he was a sub 4.5 guy w/ nice length. He also had a stellar Jr season, w/ 6 ints.

Regardless, that’s not the point. If Artie is an athlete, & has the speed to play off a man, good for him. Maybe, just maybe he was a great fit for what D’No wanted to run. However, if Tracy’s strength is B&R, freelancing based up film study (see his Sophomore yr), and that’s taken away from him, then guess what? He wasn’t a fit here.

Do u know y Artie keeps getting a shot on a NFL team? B/c he’s a 1st round pick, meaning he’s labeled as a potential player. Teams will continue to take a flyer on him for a couple more yrs til his “potential” label becomes bust. Tracy was a UDFA; no UDFA gets a “potential” label unless they break through.

There’s a great research paper on this; it’s called “Going Undrafted” by Trey Smith. The UDFA that most likely survives after the first 3 yrs are K, P, & DLmen.

So again, I agree w/ u on Artie...Artie’s ability was a good fit for what D’No’s broken system accomplished. Tracy’s ability was not a good fit; hence he was punished for trying to do things his way, and was considered a free lancer. Artie = Round Peg/Round Hole ; Tracy = Square Peg/Round Hole

There is also a great line in one of the Hard Knock seasons. To paraphrase once you make a roster every teM knows you were good enough to make a roster. If you didn’t make a roster they know that too.

Tracy was slow he would never be a first rounder or even possibly a high pick anywhere. Saban and those dbu schools were never after Tracy only two schools who can't evaluate. Uf and UM

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back