Track and field team rankings

flcanesfan

we back?
I'm confused, everyone on this board has been saying Miami track is booty stain...

1649098716591.png

Advertisement
Forgot what podcast I was listening to with former player and someone asked why the players dont run track anymore.. He was like them boys dumb them trips on road with both teams were more fun than going away games for football..

Women’s track for as long as I can remember has done reasonably well for both seasons, indoor and outdoor. Remember we’ve had Olympic medalists/participants in women’s track.

Men’s track barely competes due to low numbers, some meets, there’s only a fraction of the numbers other teams have - several events we don’t even have a participant. We barely recruit male track-only athletes, if at all.

Advertisement
Forgot what podcast I was listening to with former player and someone asked why the players dont run track anymore.. He was like them boys dumb them trips on road with both teams were more fun than going away games for football..
I was only good enough to compete in high school track. But I can confirm those were some of the best coed moments. Especially winter track bus rides back in the dark. No Easterling type stuff going on. But fun times that led to a girlfriend and another hookup later on out of the deal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
my cousin ran a better 100 time in his first ever track meet as a highs chool sr than a um sophomore on the current team.

Advertisement
I remember when Santana Moss and a bunch of other players entered the ACC track championships and entered the 4X 100 relay for giggles to see how they’d do .

I’m not sure but I think they set a record again not sure .

Does anyone remember such a thing happening back then ?

GOCANES

Advertisement
I remember when Santana Moss and a bunch of other players entered the ACC track championships and entered the 4X 100 relay for giggles to see how they’d do .

I’m not sure but I think they set a record again not sure .

Does anyone remember such a thing happening back then ?

GOCANES
Andre Johnson was the Big East 100m indoor Champ and the 60m outdoor Champ in 2002...then Won the 200m Champ at the GMAC....Santana was named the Most outstanding field performer at the 2000 Big East Champ where he ran the 60m...100m Long jump and Triple jump...Horace Copeland Won the most outstanding field performer at the 1992 NCAA track Champ.
He also was the 1992 Big East Champ in the 100m and Long jump.

Last edited:
I don’t pay track rankings any mind. You can literally have 1 person place at nationals and become a top 20 team. All sprinters no the best places to go for development. Miami hasn’t been one of those places in the past. They haven’t had the resources to compete at a high level. hopefully radakovich will give the program the resources they need to compete at a higher level.

Fun fact, Ed Reed still holds the school record in javelin throw lol

Last edited:
Andre Johnson was the Big East 100m indoor Champ and the 60m outdoor Champ in 2002...then Won the 200m Champ at the GMAC....Santana was named the Most outstanding field performer at the 2000 Big East Champ where he ran the 60m...100m Long jump and Triple jump...Horace Copeland Won the most outstanding field performer at the 1992 NCAA track Champ.
He also was the 1992 Big East Champ in the 100m and Long jump.

You got indoor and outdoor mixed up. 60m is indoor only and never run outdoor.

Advertisement
Back