Tourney Central (It’s time for ball!)

Advertisement
True, but draft eligible players have turned pro with worse credentials.

Not in baseball with 2 years of eligibility left. I have never seen that occur. Erickson was much more highly touted than Admitis. They drafted Erickson, he asked for unreasonable amounts and returned for his Junior year.

Players that are juniors leave at a 99% clip, but not sophomores, and Admitis has 2 years of eligibility left.

We have 7 batters at .300 or higher. Next year we will undoubtedly have 8, and most probably 9. This will help him immeasurably and he knows this.

I get that. I'm excited about the future. But it's no consolation. This current roster had an opportunity that the next class is not guaranteed to get. We lose a game by three runs after blowing two golden chances for crooked numbers with the bases loaded and less than two outs. The next class will be great and I think good things are coming. But it's still frustrating that we could have that good thing right now with some headier play. Sucks that Zamora and Del Castillo were the two guys who couldn't come through in those situations too bc they may be the two guys with the highest upside on the team. Federman gets some blame too. Those last two frames might feel very different for the Miss. State pitchers if we were still only down by one. But ultimately that's a game we needed to score more than two runs and we had the opportunities to do it.

all this.

big time players make big plays, in big time games.

we had the opposite happen. no excuses.

Not in baseball with 2 years of eligibility left. I have never seen that occur. Erickson was much more highly touted than Admitis. They drafted Erickson, he asked for unreasonable amounts and returned for his Junior year.

Players that are juniors leave at a 99% clip, but not sophomores, and Admitis has 2 years of eligibility left.

We have 7 batters at .300 or higher. Next year we will undoubtedly have 8, and most probably 9. This will help him immeasurably and he knows this.

You’ve never seen a draft eligible sophomore sign with the MLB team? I’m sure you’ve tracked many, many drafts.

Advertisement
Proud of the fight we put up but unless you have absurdly deep pitching depth, you have to win the first 2 games of a regional.

Losing game 1 Friday put us in a tough hole, hard to win 2 games in a day.

We desperately need some pitching depth to arrive this fall. Not enough quality arms in the bullpen.

Even if we got the depth, Arteaga would ***** it up.

Play sound defense and develop a couple more reliable arms and we should contend. Offense should continue to score runs. Top of the rotation and top of the bullpen guys are good too. Need some depth there though and need to stop giving away outs/runs with errors. (But I suppose every baseball team in the country says that.)

the nemesis of this year's 'canes.

although, didn't that peter gibbons guy say defense wasn't important? I mean, as long as your pitcher strikes out every batter?

SMFH

Advertisement
Or maybe "the board" just enjoyed the season in which we played better than we have, won some fun games and made the postseason?

Oh, no doubt. And I’m not judging you for that. But some of us have higher expectations for the program that once was the crown jewel of the athletic department. I can’t imagine getting excited because we “made the postseason”. The postseason used to be printed on the season schedule. Now it’s something we hope for.

Runners in
In Fairness, Miami's only known for thugs and cheaters.

Y'all take care now and stay classy!

Gotta work on that material.
It's a bit stale.

Attachments

• 11924897_10153301065498153_4635547131226669720_n.jpg
    11924897_10153301065498153_4635547131226669720_n.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 22
Advertisement
In Fairness, Miami's only known for thugs and cheaters.

Y'all take care now and stay classy!

Please elaborate on that. What do you mean by thugs? What makes them thugs?

For the record, your school was the one that let a piece of **** woman beater play football after he was video taped repeatedly kicking a woman on the ground. Take that **** to a board of a school with equal morals and academics to you all.

Last edited:
Too many people refuse to take off their Orange & Green glasses. There is nothing wrong with being an optimist, but sometimes you have face reality. As the season progressed, there was some improvement, but there were holes wide enough to drive a tank through. If we, as fans, can see the problems, why can't the coaching staff see and correct them? I hope next year will end up better than this year,

Advertisement
Whatever - he only hit .340 as a true freshman w a near .900 OPS. He had a bad regional - it happens. Mangum was a 4 year starter and yet was 0 for 18 entering our game last night.

Then why not sit him, if you see him struggling? There is also a big difference playing against the teams on our yearly schedule and playing in a playoff game. Some players can't handle the pressure of playing on a larger stage.

You are either a troll or new to the program. He's done more with less than just about any pitching coach in the country year in and year out.

There it is. If you question the program, you’re a troll.

Quick question: why does JD have to work with “less”? The University of Miami can’t recruit pitchers?

Advertisement
Back