Tourney Central (It’s time for ball!)

Advertisement
Of course there are. But this board still wants to claim that we should have been sent to a weaker #1 just because. When it comes to pairing a #2 with a #1, the quality of the #1 is not considered.

Well, quite frankly, all bull**** aside, it is more logical to me.

Some calculation of the body of work should come into play. Again, for me, I didn't want UM to get into a coasting situation where we weren't challenged, but truthfully, that likely wasn't going to happen this year even if we hosted.

UM

Do you agree with Di Mare's pitching choices during this Regional? I think he had very good year, but am against his pitching choices thus far in the Regional...

I think he's done fine. We are exactly where we expected to be through 2 games (1-1), and haven't used our ace, nor our closer. Our #2 and #4 starters should also be able to pitch again tomorrow.

We could lose to CMU, so I like using BVB vs them. We were a good-not-great team all year long, so we can't take any tournament game for granted. We can deal with future games if/when we get there.

Advertisement
Interesting that the first game in our regional is starting so late. Wonder why that is.

We better score 10 tonight if we win vs CMU

I bet they are looking to start Veliz tonight if Van Belle pitches well in game 1.

Veliz goes 4/5, Mixon/Keysor for 1/2, Federman for 2/3.

That is entirely realistic if Van Belle gives us 7/8 in game 1. The worst thing that could happen today is an early struggle in game 1 where we have to get into the bullpen. Van Belle should be able to avoid that.

I think he's done fine. We are exactly where we expected to be through 2 games (1-1), and haven't used our ace, nor our closer. Our #2 and #4 starters should also be able to pitch again tomorrow.

We could lose to CMU, so I like using BVB vs them. We were a good-not-great team all year long, so we can't take any tournament game for granted. We can deal with future games if/when we get there.

If we can’t take any tournament game for granted, we look like buffoons if our ace is still available.

Advertisement
Courtesy of d1baseball.com, Miss St. won regionals in both 2017 and 2018 on the road, and both years out of the losers bracket.

I bet they are looking to start Veliz tonight if Van Belle pitches well in game 1.

Veliz goes 4/5, Mixon/Keysor for 1/2, Federman for 2/3.

That is entirely realistic if Van Belle gives us 7/8 in game 1. The worst thing that could happen today is an early struggle in game 1 where we have to get into the bullpen. Van Belle should be able to avoid that.

Yeah, that might be our best bet. Van Belle goes deep today and we don't have any high leverage bullpen moments. That means Keysor / Federman / Veliz can each throw a few innings in Game 4. Then back to McKendry / Cecconi for the Game 5 if needed... It's a lot to ask but I suppose it's possible.

You do realize that we have a young, inexperienced team because the current head coach mangled the 2017-18 rosters, right? He doesn’t get a pass because we’re young.
[/
Your saying the coach doesn't get a pass because of the last two years.he wasn't the hc then.hc controlls everything an assistant doesn't buck the boss or he's gone.and who gets the glory for putting this team together.I bet you and others here expect tballers to play flawless perfect baseball

Advertisement
Yeah, that might be our best bet. Van Belle goes deep today and we don't have any high leverage bullpen moments. That means Keysor / Federman / Veliz can each throw a few innings in Game 4. Then back to McKendry / Cecconi for the Game 5 if needed... It's a lot to ask but I suppose it's possible.

It almost always takes some great pitching efforts to get out of these regionals. To me, it looks like the plan is for Van Belle to dominate game 1 then use Veliz/Federman tonight. Those two can combine for close to 9 if they are on.

Interesting that the first game in our regional is starting so late. Wonder why that is.

If the host has a say in it, I'm guessing MSU expected to be in winners bracket and they fill the place with a 8:00 start. And the opponent had to play in 100 degree heat index for 3 - 4 hours that afternoon.

Advertisement
If the host has a say in it, I'm guessing MSU expected to be in winners bracket and they fill the place with a 8:00 start. And the opponent had to play in 100 degree heat index for 3 - 4 hours that afternoon.
I would think later on a Sunday night would be worse for attendance. ESPNU has a TV window at 9pm they may have wanted to align with.

Advertisement
Back