Toughest game on our schedule...

Here’s the actual rule (according to Wikipedia...grain of salt)

On October 18, 2004, the ACC announced its new football structure with two divisions. Each six-team division plays a round-robin schedule within the division and a rotation of three conference games against teams from the opposing division. The two teams with the best conference records in each division earn places to the championship game.[29] In the event of a tie in records within one division, divisional records and the results of head-to-head games are considered.[30]

According to you, I’ve been understanding that wrong. I thought the Coastal was decided by the team with the best conference record WITHIN THE DIVISION.

So to use an extreme example: Miami goes 6-6 (wins: UNC, VT, GT, UVA, DUKE and Pitt) but VT goes 11-1 with it’s sole lose to Miami. I thought Miami would represent the Coastal, but you’re saying VT would. I didn’t think conference record had anything to do with it UNTIL there was a tie...

Complete brain fart on my part
yup if we lose to FSU and our other ACC-Atlantic game AND sweep the Coastal, but VT only loses to us, they win the Coastal division. Thats why us and GT are at the disadvantage.
The two teams with the best conference records in each division earn places to the championship game.

Advertisement
While I agree with many of the positions expressed......my stance is that every fuggin game is the toughest game. play everyteam like its do or die. Should never reign in or turn off the killer mentality when in battle, beat the breaks off of them and let the young pups in the game for experience and depth. Regardless who is in, I want to see them keep the pedal to the metal.

While I agree with many of the positions expressed......my stance is that every fuggin game is the toughest game. play everyteam like its do or die. Should never reign in or turn off the killer mentality when in battle, beat the breaks off of them and let the young pups in the game for experience and depth. Regardless who is in, I want to see them keep the pedal to the metal.

I agree with you, TreOFive. Now that we are again relevant, every team we play will have us in their cross hairs.

For the lesser teams, it’s a way to try to show that they are on the rise. For the better programs, it’s their way to prove strength of schedule when jockeying for the playoffs.

Either way and regardless, every **** game we play save for a couple of the cupcakes will be tough.

If our OL steps up, virtually all of our offensive issues (including QB) will be solved, and I won’t fear anyone on our schedule. If they don’t step up and we have to rely on last minute miracle wins and riding our defense each week, then we will see the same vulnerabilities down the backstretch of our schedule.

It’s really just that simple.

Advertisement
Back