Toughest game on our schedule...

Asking me just to downvote while you just couldn’t keep people’s names out ya mouth?

Don’t come at someone and expect just a downvote.
Larry ****.ing Coker basically brought about a lazy boy and a bag of Tostitos had an undefeated season and won a natty.
My examples were extreme but so are bama, clemson and uga’s recruiting classes. If you think with the amount of coaching experience that saban and Dabo have we’re just going to bring out some pretty good players and out coach them then don’t “CRY FOR HELP” by asking for someone to out coach anyone in a thread that you started.

Coker should have lost the BC and the Va Tech games

Advertisement
LSU because of timing and QB situation.

VT, BC, and Virginia because road games in the ACC are always tough, especially cold weather venues in Oct or after.

The BC game is almost unwinnable. Friday night, red bandana game?

In the past 4 or 5 years FSU and USC have gone up there and lost in this exact game. I’ve had it chalked up as a loss since I saw they were our crossover opponent, because I knew theyd make it s red bandana game.

Glad you're not on my team....real confidence.

Advertisement
The back to back away games @ GT and VT will be tough. Usually we have had a bye week before GT, but not this season. Then we travel up to Blacksburg the following week. The good news is that neither game will be played on a short week. Bad news is practicing for GT then completely changing the way we practice for VT. Man i hate Paul Johnson and his bull**** offense. Illegal blocks and false start never get called.

Most important game on our schedule is FSU, like it is every year.

Best team on our schedule will be Clemson.

Right now the hardest game is LSU because it'll be a major game, cfb opener, and we'll be breaking in a frosh Qb vs a great defense. But LSU also happens to be the 4th least important game on our schedule (the other 3 non-cons being less important). Ultimately this year is ALL about winning the Coastal and beating Clemson. Anything else that happens is secondary.

Advertisement
BC will be tough but if Grosier is the Qb they all will be.

Last year Syracuse GT FSU UNC Virginia Toledo Pitt all tough think about how bad those teams were and the issues they had at QB for FSU and UNC

Personally it's LSU for me being that I live in Louisiana, the LSU fans are terrible. I spoke to several LSU fans and they think they are going to blow us out just because they are LSU and they play in the SEC. They told me Miami didn't play anyone last year because we didn't play an SEC school. I did tell them that we both played Notre Dame though (Miami 41 - Notre Dame 8 / Notre Dame 21 - LSU 17)

Beating Clemson would be way more important than beating FSU. I know no one wants to read that but it’s the truth. Which also means winning the Coastal is more important as well (something I begrudgingly admit and you also acknowledge in your post by saying everything else is secondary). Ideally, for me, though I know this view is in the extreme minority, I’d love to beat FSU twice in one season.
I mean I agree. I'd take a win vs Clemson over a win vs FSU this yr too.

But FSU is our most important regular season game. Even though its not a coastal game, it still counts for us to make the ACCCG. If we beat FSU we gotta lose like 3 Coastal games to not make the ACCCG. Thats just not gunna happen. Us and GTech have the most difficult permanent crossover. We are at a disadvantage to the to the other Coastal teams if we lose those crossover games. We beat FSU, and its extremely difficult for us to not make the ACCCG

Advertisement
We will out recruit bama and Clemson and UGA when we can has nothing to do with anything, when we do that yearly then we will be the way we r suppose to be. Until then expect more of the same its that simple.
At this point, only funding and facilities separate us from other program recruiting tactics. We need a fan base that ponies up cash more often than complaining about losses.

I’m not sure if that’s correct. My understanding of ACC rules ... Atlantic games are the 3rd tie breaker. Basically, they almost don’t count. As long as Miami wins the Coastal and has a win over whichever team is in second or co-tiebreakers...Miami is in.

But, this year VT plays FSU so THAT could factor. But, assuming VT is the strongest competitor for Coastal, win that game and any other coastal games and Miami could lose to BC, FSU, and LSU and still play for ACCCG.

FSU isn’t necessarily important for ACCCG.
Thats in the event of a tie. How is the Coastal winner decided in the first place though? By the team with the best CONFERENCE record...not the team with the best Coastal record. Only if teams have the same overall conference record do you get into the tiebreakers. Thats why Miami and GTech are at the disadvantage, always having FSU and Clemson on their conference schedule, while the other ACC teams permanent rival is like Syracuse, etc.

So VTechs permanent opponent is Boston College. Thats basically a guaranteed Conference win every year, whereas the Miami-FSU game is a 50/50 game. Granted if we only lose to FSU and sweep the coastal, and VTechs only loss is to us on the year, we'd still win the division, but still. It puts us at a disadvantage because our SOS is always just stronger than our Division-mates.

Advertisement
Every **** time. VT is a different animal in Blacksburg. If they played us close at The Rock, expect a nail biter at Layne Stadium
They're very young this year but Foster's defense and Enter Sandman make it a tough one for sure. I plan on being there freezing my cojones off in Nov.

BC??? Really?? BC!!

I just don't understand the fear some here seem to have of BC this year. So what, they beat a completely depleted demoralized FSU last year. When did that become an earth shattering accomplishment over that team last year especially after they lost Francois??

OK so they'll be hyped. Cmon really? More hyped than FSU or VT always is for us?? More hyped than LSU will be in the 1st game? We've seen hyped crowds before...:sjfd4ytbgaemgtvaw2.jpg: Maybe it's happened before recently.....But right now, I can't recall the last time we were rattled by a crowd.

We have BC after a bye week. No way we won't be prepared. BC simply does not have the personnel to compete with us IMO unless we have a complete meltdown and loads of serious injuries. I worry far more about real threats like LSU, FSU and VT.

Behind FSU and VT, UVA will be a far greater threat than BC can ever hope to muster on their "special day" because its after we play FSU. If there is any letdown this year it will be then against UVA in Charlottesville.

Some may recall that UVA's QB ( Is he back?) was playing lights out football on us last year before we finally stopped him and came back in the 4th. I'll save any concerns other than LSU, FSU and VT for them

Last edited:
BC??? Really?? BC!!

I just don't understand the fear some here seem to have of BC this year. So what, they beat a completely depleted demoralized FSU last year. When did that become an earth shattering accomplishment over that team last year especially after they lost Francois??

OK so they'll be hyped. Cmon really? More hyped than FSU or VT always is for us?? More hyped than LSU will be in the 1st game? We've seen hyped crowds before...:sjfd4ytbgaemgtvaw2.jpg: Maybe it's happened before recently.....But right now, I can't recall the last time we were rattled by a crowd.

We have BC after a bye week. No way we won't be prepared. BC simply does not have the personnel to compete with us IMO unless we have a complete meltdown and loads of serious injuries. I worry far more about real threats like LSU, FSU and VT.

Behind FSU and VT, UVA will be a far greater threat than BC can ever hope to muster on their "special day" because its after we play FSU. If there is any letdown this year it will be then against UVA in Charlottesville.

Some may recall that UVA's QB ( Is he back?) was playing lights out football on us last year before we finally stopped him and came back in the 4th. I'll save any concerns other than LSU, FSU and VT for them

Just found out that Benkert UVA QB last year has graduated. But still think that's a tougher game than BC

Don’t sleep on FSU. I think in long run Taggart is an upgrade and the players already relate to him better than Fisher. They have the talent so we can’t think it’s an easy game because we finally beat them last year.

Advertisement
Back